Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dating is so hard

I know some happy relationships that started online, but I also know people who have been badly scammed, so you certainly do need to be careful. The iTunes request is a red flag for sure, but I suppose any kind of gift request from a virtual stranger should be suspect.

today I decided instead of just letting the men who found me email me, I would take the time to show interest in the profiles of men who live near me and have common interests. So far all responded positively. So maybe I need to wake up to 2017 and that it's ok for a woman to show interest first.

the sites for large people are pointless, I wish I hadn't signed up. No one lives near me and they want your to stay big and beautiful. I'm trying like crazy to drop the weight I gained since getting sick. I thought I would feel more comfortable on a site for large people but I don't.

I ignore the ones with poor spelling and grammar, lol, that irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I ignore the ones with poor spelling and grammar, lol, that irks me.
    I have a friend who uses online dating systems, and she explicitly asks for several paragraphs out of potential interests in their first contact. She says it is a big time-saver.

I'll do that. I'm already asking lots of questions and trying to suss out how smart they are by the way they answer.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I'll do that. I'm already asking lots of questions and trying to suss out how smart they are by the way they answer.
    Apparently the average scammer/desperate-seeker can't keep up the pretense of honesty/sanity for an entire paragraph :-)

I agree

If the site has a blocking function I'd suggest liberal use of it once you've determined that someone is "not the one". There's no point in dealing with a bunch of puppy dog messages from someone you're not interested in. If there's not a blocking function then get good at hitting the delete button on those messages as soon as they come in.

I block freely, lol

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    My female friends have told me that the insta-wife/insta-mom thing is commonly sought after.
    Kind of reminds me of when I was in college and some of us would go down to Texas to visit the seminary. Going on a date there was definitely an interview process to find the perfect preacher's wife!!!
    Every date I went on there went something like....do you like children? do you play piano and sing? and the kicker....let me hear you pray.

Though I intended to go to that seminary to work on a MRE (Masters Religious Education) not a MRS....the dating questions put me off. As it would happen I ended up marrying and canceled my application.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Going on a date there was definitely an interview process to find the perfect preacher's wife!!!
    ....let me hear you pray.

I would be so tempted to kick them in the b@@@s and say "let me hear you yell."

Unfortunately, I have never kicked anyone in my life and I don't think I could start now.

Thread Information