Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICE meeting limited to Republicans?

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Reading the According to NBC from Alan, it says the same thing Gutierrez said. He's from Illinois...Chicago was part of the sweep up . He should have been a part of it. Exactly how bi partisan was it, didn't see any names of who attended. They did have a meeting scheduled which was cancelled. Can they have another meeting? Will ICE bother to come or do they have to run it through the "majority"? This is the kind of stuff we need to be watching, not paying attention to the circus clown. See what the Republicans are doing NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That assumes they only wanted to be there to bloviate and not to ask legitimmate questions of interest to their constituents.
    I just can't help but think the term 'Political Theater' comes into play, now more than ever.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I just can't help but think the term 'Political Theater' comes into play, now more than ever.

From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politi...spanic-caucus/

"Democrats barred from the meeting included Correa, Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez, Nevada Rep. Ruben Kihuen, Missouri Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, as well as California Reps. Norma Torres, Grace Napolitano, Nanette Barragán and Juan Vargas.
    None of them were on a guest list for the meeting provided to CNN in advance on Wednesday night by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's office.
    The leader of the CHC, Chairwoman Michelle Lujan Grisham, was in the meeting with ICE, as was Pelosi, Minority Whip Steny Hoyer and top Democrats on relevant committees. Ryan's office did not have a list of Republicans who attended.
    While Democrats accused Ryan's office of playing games with who could attend, spokeswoman AshLee Strong said the goal was to include members with jurisdiction.
    "The speaker's office organized a small bipartisan briefing that was, at the request of DHS, limited to members with jurisdictional interests in immigration enforcement," Strong said in a statement. "Members of the CHC expressed interest in attending, and to accommodate the request, we welcomed the chair of the CHC to join on behalf of the other members. We are confident that the CHC chair is capable of representing the views of her caucus, and this arrangement was made very clear to the CHC ahead of time."

I believe the title of the thread is "Ice meeting limited to Republicans" which is clearly incorrect, as are, I believe, many opinions which follow.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The question mark at the end of the title indicated a question.....Glad to see CHC was invited...at least and again, who are the top Dems on relevant committees? Why no list of Republicans? News reports are often scanty and slanted. Nothing has been reported here in MD and Steny Hoyer is one of ours. I worry about this kind of thing. Small instances that indicate future plans.

The question mark at the end of the title indicated a question.....
    Yes, and to be fair the statement put out by Congressman Gutierrez quoted in your link seemed to imply otherwise. That takes me back to the statement in my original post "news designed to create and/or enhance a narrative". The truth is always out there, but I'll be damned if you don't have to wade through a lot of propaganda to find it.

Alan, I agree, the problem is sifting the propaganda, lies and the push to incite drama. I have strong visions of a police force only reporting to one side ending badly.

Alan, I agree, the problem is sifting the propaganda, lies and the push to incite drama. I have strong visions of a police force only reporting to one side ending badly.
    I've always considered our system to be like one big tug of war - it stays up because all sides are pulling relatively equally.

You put all the power on one side of a tug of war and everything falls over.

Thread Information