Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Cassidy

My mother had dementia........but she had shock treatments when she was about 30.....so I wonder about that. But she developed it around late 70's........so who's to say it wasn't "just" old age. Not everyone's brain ages well.
    I put her in a local nursing home, in their "memory care" aka dementia unit. Some days she was more lucid than others. This place was supposed to be decent, but it concerned me when the woman in charge of the unit kept verbalizing her lack of understanding why my mother acted one way one day, and another way the next. Duh!

Sandy, no in fact he is still alive and well at 97 and still married to the 2nd wife. The studies show that men often will leave a spouse when a problem develops where as women are much more loyal. An example is that 9 out of 10 men leave an alcoholic wife but only one out of 10 women do.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Sandy, no in fact he is still alive and well at 97 and still married to the 2nd wife. The studies show that men often will leave a spouse when a problem develops where as women are much more loyal. An example is that 9 out of 10 men leave an alcoholic wife but only one out of 10 women do.
    I have told DH to plop me in the nursing home and visit once a week. He is the sort to take care of feeble spouses, not so much due to loving and caring feelings, but because he doesnt like change. Moving me out of the house would be a BIG change

Not dementia, but one of my good friends back in TX who seemed by all outward appearances to be very healthy, had a massive ruptured brain aneurysm a few months ago. She and her husband had just moved into their retirement place after downsizing. She is back to square one - learning to walk, talk, eat etc as if she never knew how and her husband is by her side but obviously not expecting this in their early "golden" years (60s). I know she is still in there but how to communicate with her now? She is in a nursing home for the time being. Good reminder not to take our days for granted. Enjoy them while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Not dementia, but one of my good friends back in TX who seemed by all outward appearances to be very healthy, had a massive ruptured brain aneurysm a few months ago. She and her husband had just moved into their retirement place after downsizing. She is back to square one - learning to walk, talk, eat etc as if she never knew how and her husband is by her side but obviously not expecting this in their early "golden" years (60s). I know she is still in there but how to communicate with her now? She is in a nursing home for the time being. Good reminder not to take our days for granted. Enjoy them while you can.
    😢

Thread Information