Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: All the Attacks on Jewish Places....

  1. #1
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,482

    All the Attacks on Jewish Places....

    I guess I didn't realize this was going on.........bomb threats on synagogues, vandalizing Jewish cemeteries, etc. What's with that??

    Do you think some of Trump's talk has given people permission to take action against all the people they might not like?

    I find it very strange. I've never had any problems with Jewish people and don't understand this. Is it a reaction to rejecting anyone else's religion?

    It's a sorry state of affairs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,859
    http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...florida-rally/

    "Leave,” a woman shouted on the video, flipping her off. “You don’t like America, get the **** out … You are a disgrace to America,” the man walking next to her said.
    They mocked her camera. “You can jack off to that later, the man drawled. “I’ve got a big ol’ white American redneck dick.”
    The woman in the hijab told him where to stick it.
    “I can put it up your little tight ass,” he countered, “and I won’t be hittin’ that clit, ’cause it already got removed.”
    -- Trump rally attendees to a Muslim protester in a hijab.

    But remember, it's important for the Coastal Elites to be sympathetic to those outside of the liberal bubbles.

  3. #3
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,911
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...florida-rally/

    "Leave,” a woman shouted on the video, flipping her off. “You don’t like America, get the **** out … You are a disgrace to America,” the man walking next to her said.
    They mocked her camera. “You can jack off to that later, the man drawled. “I’ve got a big ol’ white American redneck dick.”
    The woman in the hijab told him where to stick it.
    “I can put it up your little tight ass,” he countered, “and I won’t be hittin’ that clit, ’cause it already got removed.”
    -- Trump rally attendees to a Muslim protester in a hijab.

    But remember, it's important for the Coastal Elites to be sympathetic to those outside of the liberal bubbles.
    No one should be sympathetic to this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No one should be sympathetic to this.
    I agree. And while I acknowledge that not all trump supporters fit this stereotype enough do to make it a thing. And like it or not the rest of trump's supporters get tarred with the same brush. After all, it was only today, finally after months, and after he ignored and shut down a jewish questioner just the other day at the press conference, that he acknowledged the hate on jews that the rest of us have seen going on for months so it seems pretty obvious, at least to me, that he was in favor of it until it just got too bad that he couldn't ignore it anymore. But hey, lets all pretend it's 1969 again if we're not part of the dreaded "other".

  5. #5
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No one should be sympathetic to this.
    And don't worry, I'd never accuse you of being a "coastal elite" That's my job, not yours.

  6. #6
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,911
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I agree. And while I acknowledge that not all trump supporters fit this stereotype enough do to make it a thing. And like it or not the rest of trump's supporters get tarred with the same brush. After all, it was only today, finally after months, and after he ignored and shut down a jewish questioner just the other day at the press conference, that he acknowledged the hate on jews that the rest of us have seen going on for months so it seems pretty obvious, at least to me, that he was in favor of it until it just got too bad that he couldn't ignore it anymore. But hey, lets all pretend it's 1969 again if we're not part of the dreaded "other".
    Trump's response to the Jewish reporter was bizarre. Trump took the guy's question as a personal attack. I cant explain that.

    but it is silly to think Trump s in favor of " hate on Jews." I wasnt aware of nationwide attacks on Jews until I watched that part of Trump's press conference, I guess I have other things going on in my life. But now a Jewish cemetary in St Louis was seriously vandalized and it came up at our neighborhood meeting tonight, so I am clued in. I also dont know what
    " the government" is supposed to do about low life vandals carrying out random acts, as questioned by the Jewish reporter.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,859
    It's not "the government" that's supposed to solve this. It's the ****ING PRESIDENT who is supposed to stand up and say "THIS IS NOT OK ASSHOLES." but he only grudgingly did so after it became blatantly obvious to anyone that was slightly more alert and observant than him (thanks bae) that he was supporting the assholery. THAT is the problem with the douchebag in chief. He is part of the problem (actually no, he IS the problem) and will never be part of the solution.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I guess I didn't realize this was going on.........bomb threats on synagogues, vandalizing Jewish cemeteries, etc. What's with that??

    Do you think some of Trump's talk has given people permission to take action against all the people they might not like?
    No I don't. But then common sense is an oxymoron, and feelings are a separate thing from REASONING. Now people may choose to feel that way, but that is a separate thing from a reasonable reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I wasnt aware of nationwide attacks on Jews until I watched that part of Trump's press conference, I guess I have other things going on in my life. But now a Jewish cemetary in St Louis was seriously vandalized and it came up at our neighborhood meeting tonight, so I am clued in. I also dont know what
    " the government" is supposed to do about low life vandals carrying out random acts, as questioned by the Jewish reporter.
    Can't say I have heard much on nationwide attacks, but haven't been watching much tv, and little has been heard on the radio. (might just be when I am listening, not typical news times)
    However, is this the only cemetery that was hit? I ask because in our area, a few years back, they were going through doing the push over headstone things at different cemeteries. It wasn't just one group's cemetery. Was their other vandalism that shows targeting? (swastika's, etc)

  9. #9
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,482
    Okay.....maybe my 'ignorance' is showing. Maybe I live in an area where Jewish women don't wear hijabs. In areas where these are more common, are they being confused with Islamists, and some people see them all as terrorists? (or just being different from themselves?) I was thinking it was just about Judaism and the perps were probably neo-Nazi types.

  10. #10
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    No I don't. But then common sense is an oxymoron, and feelings are a separate thing from REASONING. Now people may choose to feel that way, but that is a separate thing from a reasonable reaction.
    Again.......are you referring to my question or are you referring to those people who may have been encouraged by Trump's behavior?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •