Thread: Cold Sensation

Yppej

Cold Sensation

Last night driving home I felt like the car window was down and the rain was getting on my hip/lower back area. It wasn't. Today this sensation of cold and damp continues off and on in the same area. Has anyone experienced this?

I am not going to go to the doctor (at least yet). It is not debilitating and is hard/expensive to diagnose. From what I read it could be anything from peripheral neuropathy to a virus in the herpes family like shingles to muscular dystrophy to stress to of all things a ghost haunting me.

I experienced this for the first time three weeks ago in my lower legs--almost like they were wet, I thought it was raining! WEnt away quickly and came back a couple of days later then went away again.
    So weird!

I have peripheral neuropathy and have sensations like that a lot. But what seems like a red flag to me about yours is its location, like maybe it's following a nerve pathway for shingles. Is it sore there at all? If you develop a rash there, I would get to the doc's (or an immediate care place), to get on the anti-viral treatment. That can really shorten the intensity of the shingles.

If it's not that, you might be able to help it by being sure you're taking enough of the B vitamins and D3.

Sometimes there seems to be no good reason for these funky sensations. Hopefully it will go away soon for you. I know sometimes I feel like my socks are wet on the bottom, or I have water running down my leg.......plus lots of other neuropathy symptoms.
    Just curious if you've taken any antibiotics recently?

Yppej
    No antibiotics lately. I had a few sores a week or so ago - scalp, eyebrow, hairline - that I attributed to dry scalp and I switched shampoos, but maybe it was mild shingles. I get my D being outdoors a lot but B I could be low on. Thanks.

Thread Information