Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rep and Dem indivisible groups

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is hard for me to explain what this law does because it is simply ridiculous.
    You may think you live in the most idiotic city in the country, but with all due respect, Chicago is moving to name a street for that convicted FALN terrorist that Obama released from prison in his last days.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/...or-its-leader/

California is very worried about how they will pick their crops, etc if we deport too many immigrants. They count on these people as the stats show that Americans that apply for these jobs usually quit within a few days. Many restaurant workers are also illegals. There is a huge difference between sending back real criminals and people that they are sending back now. Using someone's SS # to get a job is not the same as a rapist, murderer, etc. We will be ripping families apart and our businesses that depend on them for workers will suffer. It makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    There is a huge difference between sending back real criminals and people that they are sending back now. Using someone's SS # to get a job is not the same as a rapist, murderer, etc. .
    I completely disagree. Identify theft is a criminal act that has serious consequences. Someone used my social security number and it meant that a job I needed a security clearance for was denied to me until I could prove this person was not me. It affected my ability to get a mortgage, and it caused a tax audit.

Had I not been able to show that I was not in those places during those times, then I could have been without a job and homeless.
    That is a serious criminal act, with real victims. I think someone stealing another person's social security number should be deported.

Well you will be happy to know that they deported that dangerous criminal and now her 3 little kids don't have a mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Well you will be happy to know that they deported that dangerous criminal and now her 3 little kids don't have a mom.
    Why? Will her home country not accept them?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I guess I don't understand why you are mockingly calling someone a "dangerous criminal" when yes, identify theft can destroy lives. It's hardly a victimless crime. And surely her children will go with her back to her homeland, as she would not want to be separated from them.

If you choose to engage in criminal acts against others, then you are risking being separated from your children. Better to have them with you in your homeland than go to prison and have them separated from you here in America.

Where is this woman's sense of responsibility to her children? Most of us try to obey the law so that we will be there to take care of our children.

By this logic, if someone who was born here steals other people's identities and harms them, then you would be against sending them to prison, which is separating them from their children and leaving the poor kids without a mom.

I'm not following. This happens all the time, and again, it's one of biggest incentives to obeying the law and not harming others, so you can keep your family intact.

She was convicted and had paid for her crime. She was required to report to ICE yearly which she had done for years. This time they arrested and deported her. She is going back to a country she has not lived in for many years with no job, no home, no where to go, etc so no she did not take her kids who are US citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post

Where is this woman's sense of responsibility to her children? Most of us try to obey the law so that we will be there to take care of our children.

Perhaps she felt that what she did was the least bad option for taking care of her children. Not everyone has good choices available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Perhaps she felt that what she did was the least bad option for taking care of her children. Not everyone has good choices available to them.
    No doubt.
    Identity theft is in no way a victimless crime. That was what I was really trying to say.

I guess I do not believe that is someone is here illegally and then they commit a crime that hurts someone, they should be allowed to stay here. I think it is a difference in viewpoint. There are many people working hard to become citizens legally--allowing someone who breaks a law as serious as identity theft, that has no respect for the rights of others, who is willing to hurt other people--I don't think it's right that they get to stay.

Obviously, others, like Teacher Terry, feel differently.

Wouldn't just issuing guest worker cards to all the people just trying to earn an honest living be the easiest way to deal with this "problem?" We have work for them to do, they pay taxes, they contribute to the economy, so I'd say deport the criminal element, issue ID cards to the rest, and be done with it. Of course, that doesn't silence the xenophobes, but you can't please everybody.

Thread Information