Thread: Garden work in February!

Garden work in February!

This might need to be in daily RAVES! We just spent 3 hours in the blueberry patch weeding and pruning. It is all done! February 23 when we would often have been shoveling and blowing snow! We even sweat a bit! I feel so far ahead, just having that finished. Of course, had I done the weeding in the fall I would not have been so behind. But it's been glorious. Anyone else out there getting chores done ahead of schedule.

It is crazy to have the warmth so early. Other areas have snow beyond belief but we got rain. I get concerned about the orchards getting warmed up and opening buds too early and then frost on the blossoms. Had that happen in 2015 and many orchards lost all their fruit production.
    I get the biggest delight watching all the parents taking their little ones to the play park and the older kids having fun with the basketball courts and play areas. Great for walking the dog as well. He spent the afternoon outside lazing in the sun. In February!!!!!
    Came by the soccer fields while walking the dog just now and some of the teens were in shorts and T-shirts and racing each other.
    Last edited by razz; 2-23-17 at 5:20pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I got to cut back some dead perennials that normally would still be under a couple of feet of snow at this time!

I've been thinking about it between rain showers....does that count?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We got a new planer to grade the very long gravel driveway we have. DH was able to do it last weekend, since it was in the 70's. I got out to the garden and starting to fill the holes in my stocktank veggie garden. I drilled too many 1" holes in them, and now the water drains out to quickly. So I'm sticking sticks in them. haha As I said in another thread, it's nice to have nice weather, but it makes me nervous for our future weather. We'll probably have too many bad bugs this summer. My dog goes outside in our big fenced-in back yard, and starts barking to come in almost immediately. I tell her over and over that she should lay on the deck and enjoy herself.........but she'd rather be inside. Go figure.

Thread Information