Thread: Personal Retreat Time

Personal Retreat Time

I look forward to this every year. I get away for a few days by myself on my birthday. I'm headed out this afternoon and won't be back till Wednesday.
    I turn 50 on Monday.
    So far I'm doing things a little extra this year. Usually I go lock myself in a cabin on a ranch in AR but tonight I'm going to a pro-rodeo at our state fair grounds (I miss my days of barrel racing), staying in a historic hotel tonight then off to a cabin for a few days. I'll soak in a big claw-foot tub, have several meditations to read and experience, and a lot of lists to make, and do some hiking in the woods. I'm looking forward to recharging.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That sounds fantastic!! What a great birthday gift to give yourself! I remember you do that every year.

Have a wonderful time and report back! Happy 50th!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I did a tiny bit of barrel racingyears ago and absolutely loved it. Then I got too fragile physically, and now I am more of a trailhorse kind of rider. But enjoy, and Happy 50th!

Since I moved to the West 20 years ago I have come to love rodeos. We go every year and I love barrel racing. Have fun!

Happy Birthday Float On, and have a wonderful time. It sounds great!

Welcome to 50! it sounds like a great plan!

Had a wonderful retreat! The rodeo was fun. I knocked another covered bridge off my list. Spent a lot of time alone hiking in the woods and making my "50 List". I ended up staying in the historic hotel the whole time and I think there was a permanent guest cat in my room. It liked to snuggle up to my back at night and kept waking me up. Thankfully ghost kittys don't leave allergy issues.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Welcome back and happy belated birthday.

Thread Information