Thread: New frugal pleasures!

New frugal pleasures!

Went on vacation recently and added the Netflix app to my iPad. It was great to watch Netflix while the other tv was already in use. Also, put PodCasts and downloaded library books on the iPad. Talk about cheap entertainment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Went on vacation recently and added the Netflix app to my iPad. It was great to watch Netflix while the other tv was already in use. Also, put PodCasts and downloaded library books on the iPad. Talk about cheap entertainment!!!
    I love the Kindle app for library books! I have a list of likely candidates stored on the library website, and I pick one that comes available and read it without making a run to the library. When its time is up, the book just goes away. At the moment, I'm reading The Invisible Thread, by Schroff and Tresniowksi.

While I never bought physical books because I had access to them at the
    ibrary, I will cop to pushing that Amazon button many times for digital books. It is creepy how easy they have made it to buy a book.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-26-17 at 8:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    While I never bought physical books because I had access to them at the
    ibrary, I will cop to pushing that Amazon button many ti es. It is creepy how easy they have made it to buy a book.
    Boy oh boy, I agree--and the instant gratification of Kindle purchases is just too much to resist!

I was a late adopter of an iPad, but last year, when I needed one for business I researched and researched and decided to buy a mini-iPad. No data plan, just wifi. Plus I used Amex points for the purchase which brought the sales price down considerably.

I had never known the pleasure of flying with your iPad and being able to watch all kinds of movies for free in the friendly skies!! Typically I don't buy the movies when I travel. Kind of a waste of 7.99 when I can read a book for free. But I'm now a convert to viewing on my iPad.

I have Amazon Prime, so do you think I need Netflix, too? I don't think so at this point, but if someone knows something about the advantages of downloading both, let me know.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I like Netflix for old tv shows. If you watched them the first time around, it's probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I like Netflix for old tv shows. If you watched them the first time around, it's probably not worth it.
    There is way more to watch than old tv shows... movies, documentaries, comedy skits. original Netflix shows +++. We have Netflix where 2 devices can be used at the same time. I think $1.25/week per person is a deal!

Just recently got back from a trip while flying American. They charged for wifi. It was not free. So, I could not use Netflix and the library movies needed wifi also. I don't buy movies and download them.

A book that I read recently that really was helpful in maximizing digital entertainment was:
    https://www.linkcat.info/cgi-bin/koh...number=1255003 ... I learned so much!

I mean, it's probably not worth adding it when you already have a movie source.

Thread Information