Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump not attending White House correspondents dinner....

Trump not attending White House correspondents dinner....

Of course he won't. He hates them all.

But.......I heard something funny today. I turned on the TV in the kitchen while I was doing dishes. I NEVER watch "The View". I really don't like it. But.....before I had time to change the station, they were talking about Trump and so I listened. They talked about a number of things (which I agreed with), and then they talked about his not going to the White House correspondents' dinner. One of them said they should get Alec Baldwin to go. hahahaha That's not a bad idea! Trump would probably blow a gasket. He'd have soooooo many tweets to send.

Yes, I can imagine him watching from Mar A Lago and angrily tweeting every time Alec Baldwin talks. Even better if Alec can somehow be informed of the tweets and improvise realtime incorporating them somehow. It's probably just as well that he doesn't go since one is expected to have a sense of humor at such things, and he clearly doesn't have that. Not surprising since one can't just purchase one.

I have to say, I don't blame the guy. The press hates him. He bans the media, and then he goes to the dinner? Talk about a roast! They'll cremate him!

It's too bad that this fun tradition will not include #45, but I just don't see it. He'll look like a hypocrite if he goes, he can't come up with any jokes that are any more outrageous than his actions so far, and they'd have to be sure tomatoes and eggs aren't on the menu.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Attendance is optional. Other presidents have not attended the White House Correspondents Dinner. Everything President Trump does is scrutinized. Every syllable he utters is dissected. Seems like people would be tired of it (I am) but I guess hysteria breeds hysteria. Such an exhausting way to live.

I should have titled this post differently. What I was focusing on, and found funny, was the suggestion to have Baldwin take his place.
    If I were Trump, I wouldn't attend either. He has vilified them and has no sense of humor.........or sense of reality. I hope that on SNL, at least, "he" shows up to their correspondents' dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I should have titled this post differently. What I was focusing on, and found funny, was the suggestion to have Baldwin take his place.
    If I were Trump, I wouldn't attend either. He has vilified them and has no sense of humor.........or sense of reality. I hope that on SNL, at least, "he" shows up to their correspondents' dinner.
    Donald Trump is 70 years old. He has been around a long time and has been in the media a long time. He used to have a sense of humor then he became president. Maybe he chooses areas of his life to be crucified and foregoes the sense of humor part. I just wish everyone would be nice to everyone else..... 'do unto others'.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    Donald Trump is 70 years old. He has been around a long time and has been in the media a long time. He used to have a sense of humor then he became president. Maybe he chooses areas of his life to be crucified and foregoes the sense of humor part. I just wish everyone would be nice to everyone else..... 'do unto others'.
    Maybe you should tell that to Trump. His talk is unacceptable as a president and as a human being. I see no reason to be 'nice' to him, considering the person he chooses to be. When people give Trump back exactly what he deals out, he screams the loudest. I find no reason to be nice to him, considering all the damage he is doing and how selfish and self-centered he is.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Maybe you should tell that to Trump. His talk is unacceptable as a president and as a human being. I see no reason to be 'nice' to him, considering the person he chooses to be. When people give Trump back exactly what he deals out, he screams the loudest. I find no reason to be nice to him, considering all the damage he is doing and how selfish and self-centered he is.
    I would if I could, [CathyA]. I am not a person to retaliate especially if the action is not directed toward me personally. I am responsible for my reaction and if I react negatively to someone who acts negative towards me than I am perpetuating the negativity and what is that doing for me other than fueling my fire towards them. It is not good for my health, physically and mentally, to live in such a state so I choose to be considerate in all situations regardless of the other persons actions. This is just me and my reaction is my choice. If others want spew back the venom spewed upon them then that is their choice. I still wish everyone would be nice to each other.

I would if I could, [CathyA]. I am not a person to retaliate especially if the action is not directed toward me personally. I am responsible for my reaction and if I react negatively to someone who acts negative towards me than I am perpetuating the negativity and what is that doing for me other than fueling my fire towards them. It is not good for my health, physically and mentally, to live in such a state so I choose to be considerate in all situations regardless of the other persons actions. This is just me and my reaction is my choice. If others want spew back the venom spewed upon them then that is their choice. I still wish everyone would be nice to each other.
    The problem is that while his venom may not be spewed at you, it IS spewed at plenty of other specific individuals and groups of individuals. I spew back because those individuals don't have as big of a megaphone with which to spew back as Trump does, so they need all the help they can get. At least in my opinion.

Attendance is optional. Other presidents have not attended the White House Correspondents Dinner. Everything President Trump does is scrutinized. Every syllable he utters is dissected. Seems like people would be tired of it (I am) but I guess hysteria breeds hysteria. Such an exhausting way to live.
    The last president to not attend was Reagan. But he phoned it in from the hospital where he was recuperating from being shot...

Thread Information