Thread: no more purge and splurge!

no more purge and splurge!

Hi there simple living friends,

My name's Lucas, and I'm a newbie here... so glad to have found this forum... Ive been interested in minimalism for some years, and I've done fairly well at purging unnecessary stuff from my life.... well, a big flood at my home which destroyed most of my furniture helped - call it divine intervention! .... anyhoo, i can see a pattern in my life of 'purge and splurge'... i declutter the hell out of my life, and get rid of all the old unnecessary stuff, but then time passes and my inner shopaholic comes along and takes a turn, and before i know it i have loads of rubbish all over the place again... i really want to simplify and STAY simplified... so i'm hoping to be an active member of this forum and contribute to your journeys in whatever way i can... looking around the many threads, I can already see there's a lot of great folks here! thanks for having me!

Hugs,
    Lucas

HI Lucas,

i like your screen name.

come me hang out on the mindful consumption thread - I'll help you not bring things home if you'll help me!

Hi Zenhamster! Welcome and you have found the right place. Many of us have been in your situation. Up to recently I have been doing purging and splurging too. My small house is shrinking, and now we have had a baby which comes with more stuff. However Ive been too busy to shop mindlessly and you cant shop with a screaming fussy toddler. So Ive pretty much beaten the shopper out of me because I tried the Konmarie method and eliminated almost all clutter from my home. I have no urge to buy more stuff. The first thing that you did is recognized your behavior try replacing it with something better. You are on the right road! Good Luck!

Welcome back, Lucas. I believe you've been here before.

Thread Information