Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November Purge

November Purge

Got rid of a sweater that sparked more joy when I put it on the donate pile than it did when I put it on my body.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Got rid of a sweater that sparked more joy when I put it on the donate pile than it did when I put it on my body.
    Haha! That is a fine kind of joy!

I will try to do this again this month....I started out so strong at the beginning of Oct. but, my interest waned
    as the month went on. There is always something about a month that motivates me, I should probably try to figure
    that out and harness it .....lol.
    So Far for November....I am making small gift baskets and mugs to donate to a Seniors home Bazaar so far there is
    a bunch of stuff on the dining table, but I won't count them till they are made up and out the door. But, a good use
    for a bunch of sundry items. So far I have brought more in because when I mentioned I was doing it I was given a lot more stuff.
    Just proves stuff grows...lol.
    --Replanted 5 plants into the ground with the hopes they will survive the winter and the planters are being--Recycled
    --10 magazines to Seniors Home
    Thats all for now.

I have made 100 scarves for the homeless and people living in weekly motels. I need to glue my label on them and then take to the Sally. They let people pick what they would like from a table at xmas.

Yppej
    Replaced a worn out broom. No room in the trash for old insulation this week as DS cleaned up his room.

It has occured to me that my habit of losing an earring is not all that bad. This makes way for new earrings. It is a form of purging.

I learned a long time ago not to buy earrings of precious metals. I am too hard on them and they just bend out of shape. But recently I spent an obscene amont of money on artist made earrings. The first day I wore one pair, one of them fell out of my ear. Fortunately, I discovered it n the floor of the restaurant before we left.

Another pair I have had for years never work right.They turn upside down in my ear. So, I have just decided thatb life is too short to mess with these nive quality/poor performing earrings and I will give them to
    Goodwill.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-2-17 at 12:56pm.

Yppej
    The confines of the city mandated trash receptacle are limiting me. I have only gotten rid of a third of the aluminum siding so far, still have lots of insulation and the old car cargo cover to go, and quite a few items are waiting in clothes purgatory. But I did manage to burn a bunch of papers in my parents' fireplace.

Geila
    I have some xmas ornaments that I haven't used in years, so I'm taking those in to GW. Hopefully someone can make use of them. They're still in excellent condition.

Made another purge of my closet so have a big bag of clothes to get rid of. I also am selling doggie items we no longer use like 2 sets of dog steps, 1 dog car seat and a crate. Since we went from 4 small dogs to 2 we just don't need all these things.

I've got a couple more pairs of shoes going out for scenarios where I had a pair in work and a "backup" at home. Now that all my shoes live at home I am eliminating backups.
    PS: When I post stuff like this I just picture UL shaking his head in amazement!

Thread Information