Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

Yesterday dh put up the fan/light over the breakfast nook where I have finished the ceiling.

today I am going to try to finish the rest of the great room ceiling (but not the entryway)

I finished painting the vaulted ceiling. I started the first coat on the entryway ceiling, but I ran out of paint.

dh can put the other two fan/lights up now.

I bought more paint. Dh finished putting up the ceiling fans.

It sounds as if some things are getting FINISHED!!! Congratulations. I love how you keep at it.

Yes, some are getting finished.

today the outside lights went up.

we kind of have to keep at it.

related to the fitting into the house but not the construction, today dh hung the chime we bought when we were first married on the new back porch - it has been packed away - and he decided we should use the antique sad iron from my grandmother's house, which has been sitting on my desk for lack of a home, as a door stop for the side door.

all good.

I love hearing that you are unpacking things and incorporating them into your new space!

Me too! It really feels like progress. I am very tired of "pack, move, unpack, repack, move, unpack, repack....."

i'm pretty sure we are going to be using the space with just the subfloor for a while at some point (the kitchen counters will be paid off in March), so I guess there will be one more big "pack it up and move it out" disruption, but not for a while.

We ran out of paint.

dh took the week off because our son is getting married this weekend (and some equipment at work is broken, so he can't do much) He asked if I was going to paint today and I said yes, but I was really tired of it and feeling daunted by all the brush work. He said "the brushwork is the easy part. The hard part is the roller." And less than an hour later he was painting edges and I was rolling.

we FINISHED painting everything except one wall of the entryway - we are "scrape the cans, squeeze the roller" out of paint.

so tomorrow somebody has to go to the paint store. We are also out of food. We are eating the very last of the leftovers, so somebody or the other somebody also has to go to the grocery store. We do have eggs and toast for breakfast. And grapefruit. So if he wasn't home I could make it to thursday. But he won't eat eggs, bread, and grapefruit for three meals in a row.

The painting is done. The floor is swept. The switch plates are on, and my great grandmother's dining room table and chairs are set up in the breakfast nook - after being measured, described to the architect, reclaimed from my aunt, shipped over 600 miles in a storage pod, loaded into a pick up truck, carried up to the barn loft and wrapped in old blankets, and finally carried into the house and dusted.

it may have been ten years since I last sat at this table with my cousin. She will be here for brunch in 4 days.

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Is everything done except the counters and floor covering? Oh, and maybe the sink? Wow!

Thread Information