Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

Maybe DH will change his mind after he sees the bid- ?
    I'm guessing the cost will be significant.

Most of the capability is already in the new system. The guy said the biggest hardware cost would be the $250 fan and motor. So, that, ducts, and labor.

the drywall guy is guessing Tuesday will be their finish day.

I get it that you just want to vent and don't want any solutions. I will probably quit reading this thread since I find it painful I hope you get the house you really want when all the work is done.

Thank you. I think that is probably a good idea. I'm sorry you find the thread painful. I do in fact often want solutions, but not ones I have rejected multiple times at length.

For me, the solution to "I have to move this stuff again because the places he keeps telling me I can keep it keep having to be emptied" is not "get rid of the stuff" my brother in law shaved his head when he started going grey. Many men would not consider that a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Most of the capability is already in the new system. The guy said the biggest hardware cost would be the $250 fan and motor. So, that, ducts, and labor.

the drywall guy is guessing Tuesday will be their finish day.
    Aha! Air conditioning zone! I was reading it as another living space. (we talk about craft zones and kitchen zones and such around here... I'd forgotten that it's us that's odd in this case.)

I hope it goes well, and that you find a harmonious place to put things. I currently have an entire room full of boxes -- awaiting a new kitchen and bedroom, and various other renovations. Here's to labelling, I say. The things that I either didn't label or marked "misc" I'm kind of afraid to look in.

Mary B, I used to have hundreds of those boxes. We called them "random boxes". Now I still have a lot of boxes, but I know what is in them. Also, not hundreds, tens.

The quote came back. I think it is too expensive. Dh says he's going to do it anyway. This will probably delay the flooring. I'm putting this one on the "balance sheet" (there is a corian counter top in my future - I intend to win that argument)

So, after sitting with the idea for a day, dh decided he agrees with me and the quote is too high compared to what they charged us to put the system in. He asked them for a breakdown on materials and labor and we will see what happens.

Happy to hear DH is reconsidering

And you probably won't have to move those shelves

I hope i won't have to move anything. I am feeling less stressed without the idea hanging over my head imminently. If he sits on it long enough, it will be fall, and then I can argue for waiting until spring, when we will hopefully have finished the addition and moved the piano and some other furniture, and some of the stuff in the basement will be gone - as it consists not only of things I want to keep in storage, but also of consumables, boxes I am reducing slightly day by day, and things that will be unpacked when the new space is ready.

also, my dd won't be living with us, so I can easily stack the moved items in her room during the work without causing any inconvenience.

The drywall guys are done. Extended family commitments over the next week and then I start painting.

Thread Information