Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

The new wall oven is installed and dh ordered a sink.

I have been been taking a break from painting, but I need to get back to it today.

Keep up the good work, Chicken Lady! We're all cheering for you.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Everything has at least one coat of primer. So the painting is more than 1/3 done.

Way to Go! Too bad I don't live near you, I would come and help for the sheer fun of it. i love to paint, I am very fast, and good at it.

I love to read your updates CL . Did your husband decide against the extra zone? I hope you don't have to move the stuff! I am using this thread to motivate myself. I have emptied out the garage and whittled down my clothes, books, kitchen stuff, and record albums over the past few months. We sold one of our two cars. I got rid of some furniture. I'm getting ready to move in a year or so. I like the way you go about de-hoarding. Take your time to do it right. It has gotten easier for me to let go of some of the harder stuff lately. I'm reading Peter Walsh's book "LET IT GO" and it helps. I have read 2 other books by him also. And the tidy lady's books. I have to say I'm not a fan of taking all of one kind of thing and dealing with it all at once. Too big a mess! I like the flylady approach, a timer always makes it easier to face! Hope the elephant gets easier to eat!

Hi Debbie, I think he put it on the back burner - not ruled out, but not now. That's enough.

today he put the sink in place and is working on the end panel that makes a cave for my fridge.

i don't post very much about the clearing out anymore except incidentally, but it continues to be slow and absurd. And yet it happens. I joined an online support group elsewhere where I am encouraged to discuss the frustrations of such things as non-recyclable packaging and favorite books that once fell in the bath tub, and that is helping.

my dd2 is moving out in ten days.

We bought ceiling lights for the kitchen today. Dh has one installed. We also chose a countertop, but I have to go back on Wednesday to actually order it.

So, I ordered the countertop,which came in under what we estimated, so that's good. (It's on my cc right now, but we will pay it with the line of credit on the house and then pay that off by March.) I also ordered cabinet knobs and drawer pulls

And yesterday I got the second coat of primer on the vaulted ceiling. It took 5.5 hours up and down a ladder and I am very sore.

Dh finished the kitchen lights.

Wonderful progress, CL! Ceilings will kill your energy! Rest if you can.

All the kitchen outlets are in and the second coat of primer is completely done. The cabinet pulls arrived ups today, and the counter people called and scheduled the measuring for the 24th.

Thread Information