Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

Yay!

Dh got a bug in his bonnet this morning and decided to finish wiring all the speakers and move the piano into the addition. I'm not done painting, and we have no floor or trim, the lights and fans are not all in, but apoarently he can wait no longer. He says he will move everything back into the entryway during the week until I finish painting and then we can put it where it goes and I can do the entryway, and it can be moved for floors, etc.

so now we are reorganizing the "den" which is no longer overcrowded by having a piano stuffed in the corner.

The piano must have wheels- ?
    Some how I didn't picture the piano going in the addition.... I was picturing large kitchen and eating area. I must have missed some crucial information along the way. Can you help fill in my picture, please?

Speakers and music sounds delightful!

It's a great room.

big rectangle. Long side toward the house, connected by an entryway. Half the long side away from the house is a bump out for the kitchen. The end toward the front of the house has a bump out for a breakfast nook. On the wall across from the kitchen is a piece of wall that includes the corner of the original rectangle and is deep enough for the piano. We put it there FOR the piano, because we gather around it with friends/family and sing.

attempt at line drawing:
    ........._________
    ........l...............|
    ........|...............|__________
    _____l.................................|
    |.........................................|
    l_____.................................|
    .........|piano__door-________|

ignore the dots. The proportions are probably wrong, but that's the idea.
    it's a studio piano. On wheels.
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 8-13-17 at 1:21pm.

I love that you created a space for the piano since you use it so much. Sounds wonderful!

I have baseboards and trim around the cabinets.

the guy dh made the bet with cheated and hired someone, so they called the bet off.

dh played the piano until his hands hurt this evening. . He hasn't played much for a while except at Christmas time.

i have been helping dd2 gather up her things to move back to school and to her apartment. I gave her a set of stacking drawers and a few things from my kitchen - besides her stuff that she moved in in May and will be moving out.

The ceiling has two coats of paint all the way around the bottom where it meets the walls and around the ends of all (7) box beams. I did not do the ridge line or the angles of the two tall walls above the first story height.

Great work on the painting! Sounds like the ceiling is at least half done, wonderful!
    And thanks for the diagram, now I've got the picture, lol.
    Sounds like it's all coming together quickly.
    Too bad the other guy decided to hire his work done, I think your DH would have won!

The ceiling is not half done (unless you count the primer and then it is more than 2/3 done. The strips are only about 6" wide. but I am trying to do the hardest part of the remaining job each day that I work on it. I thought I would do the last of the ridge line and angles today, but I don't know. I am very sore. The brushwork over my head left is - the ridge line and angles, a square around the entryway ceiling, and, after I finish ceilings, the top edges of all of the walls.

The big roller is faster.

The ridge lines and angles are done - 2 coats. The ceiling over the breakfast nook (not as high) is done - 2 coats.

i have started the first roller coat on the vaulted ceiling, but I don't know how much energy I have left for it. The top 2/3 requires ladders.

Thread Information