Thread: getting into the piles

getting into the piles

whew, getting into the piles of papers that cause me so much anxiety. However I am doing well! I have 2 grocery bags of old papers that can go into the trash, and I bought new file folders so that I can get better files. I have re-used the files so many times that the tabs are worn down. I started this by writing out about 7-8 statements that tend to come up and cause even more distress. That was very helpful. I have decided that I am one third procrastinator/anxiety and two thirds lack of time and support. The same is true for my work, some things I procrastinate because I don't think I can do it perfect enough or want to always improve on rather than getting it done.

I am finding a middle way today, there was no way I could file without new folders, however cleaning out and replacing at least half my files is too much. Perfecting my filing system would be nice, not today. Here is my ongoing saga of realizations around paperwork and bills

* I won't get it perfect, sigh, or finished, it is ongoing and imperfect
    * it helps to have a goal, such as paying off my last debt, but a positive one would be great
    * I am not so bad at it,

Yppej
    I got some new file folders recently also. It helps motivate me. You're doing well.

Doing some is better than doing nothhing. You onow that!

I should write ip where I am in 1) organizing digital files 2) completing our will/trust details. Neither one done. Our attorney finished her part last February. We still have not completly renamed all assets into the trust. We are baaaaaad!

Oh iris, i probably have bigger things than that, but i am doing better by focusing on the positive and doing. The whole will and ICE packet for my family is a big deal as a single

This is timely, Zoe Girl. I have this on my to-do list this week also. And I like your attitude that you won't let Perfect be the Enemy of Good.
    Good enough is good enough, I say, when it comes to the paper file monster.

Oh i dont know what to do next, i want to end the weekend with something that will impact my week, prepare, reduce stress, etc. I got invited to do a small craft show on saturday, have a deadline around budget early in the week, and could not get to the paycheck infoi needed. I can get to the paycheck thing if i sit in a parking lot of one of our schools to be on the server. If I do this then i can make some progress on a huge stress project, I never take time out during my week because i get so stressed. I also may have time to drop off goodwill and that has an impact. Then finish up with prepping for craft fair,

Still always question what to do, even after i make a choice. Sigh

Something I read in that book by David Allan (the famous one and the name escapes me: Getting Things Done, maybe?). He suggested buying a label maker. They're fairly cheap, and they make your file tabs look neat and smart. I had one for a while, at work, and at home. Should get another as I don't have it anymore.

Thread Information