Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

And then the hot water heater rusted through....

Uh OH!

So, I have a new water heater.

as a sign of my de-hoarding progress, this was managed with only one small argument relating to my stuff and no freaking out on my part.

i had to move two items for dh to have space to work, and then rearrange 8 stacks that were sitting on the floor in order to mop, but the stacks were either entirely or at bottom rubbermade bins, so no big deal. Most of it was plastic toys I brought in from the barn while doing my studio project. Then tire moving/mopping/putting back plus carrying out the old water heater took 35 minutes.

Dh put an additional return in the bedroom wall this weekend. He is working on balancing the air flow in the house for temperature control. All but $20 of the materials came from the collection in the shop or garage. I lost wall space for a small bookshelf.

sometimes I get frustrated - the house is much bigger and the kids have moved out, but the space I have available for my stuff is less than before.

"...the space I have available fr my stuff is less than before."

THere is definitely something wrong with that picture. I'm guessing you and DH are having some conversations around that?

Kinda. Only they go “I think you are doing this on purpose” “I am not doing this on purpose” “well, I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff and the situation is no better because you keep taking all the storage” “you have plenty of storage” repeat

LOL, I call that the "I'm really not ready to talk about it yet" conversation, as in, "I know I disappointed you/hurt your feelings/ etc but I'm not ready to say I just wasn't paying attention to your needs." I hope he comes around soon.

I call it the “you are wrong.” conversation. As in “this is reality and eventually you will have to face that.”

Maybe his passive/aggressive way to help you downsize)

Which leads us back to “I think you are doing this on purpose”

Thread Information