Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Year three of the elephant

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The wiring is done. He calls tomorrow to schedule the inspection. He had one wire staple and almost ten feet of wire left over.
    WOO HOO! Hope the inspection goes well.

Inspection at 2:00.

also, I found a couple of small books I can part with this morning. The purging has really been reduced to a trickle, but it's trending in the right direction. I am doubtful that I will get inspired to do anything big again until I can move some furniture into the addition. I should probably track better to be sure I'm truly reducing.

So, we passed the electrical inspection, but we are running into some technical issues on the plumbing (actually, they are regulatory issues and not physics issues) so dh is frustrated and taking a step back this weekend - we're going to focus on planting trees and enjoying a visit from our daughter and heart grandson today.

we ordered the insulation and are trying to find a time to have it delivered (the need for a 6 hour window on a weekday bumped into my increased work schedule)

Good for him for stepping back when frustrated. This is such a good life skill, and definitely one I am working on.
    And congrats on passing the electrical inspection!

So, dh took the day off yesterday and met with the plumbing inspector. The inspector looked over dh plans and calculations and granted him variances on the plumbing issues. (Which is good, because the easiest fix to get in compliance would have been redesigning the kitchen in order to move the sink, and the kitchen was designed around the location of the sink, fridge, and cooktop, and the cabinets are ordered.)

plumbing shall continue. The first order of insulation arrives Tuesday.

Congratulations on the variances! Full steam ahead.

All of the roof penetrating things are done (vents) it has been raining hard for several hours and no leaks.

dh says the plumbing should be done by May.

All of the insulation has now been delivered. It was cool today, so dh started putting the roof insulation in (with minimal help from me) instead of working on plumbing.

i bought some books and some blocks at goodwill yesterday to give away to kids at the foodbank. I am sorting through my kids old blocks and pulling out the random small/partial sets they collected over the years to toss in with the goodwill blocks. (The childcraft maple blocks, the gnome blocks, and the architectural castle blocks stay, but 11 ikea blocks? No.)

(the blocks I bought are already a mixed lot, so I'm just making "sets" that look like they would be fun to use together, a good art teacher project)
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 4-23-17 at 7:57am.

CL; great idea to give that stuff to the kids. When I was a SW i gave away all the kids clothes and toys to the foster families because foster kids can be so hard on toys. I also did an internship at a variety of poor schools where free lunch was offered in the summer and I would bring stuff for the kids to take home. All summer I would see these kids wearing my kids clothes.

The peak of the roof is insulated - hardest part - and most of the way down the large central vault.

Thread Information