Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Address Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Well, they're saying the market liked the speech, with the DOW up 300 points today. . .
    I think the market had already priced in the "He's going to upset the whole apple cart" possibility, and by him simply not drooling and going into raving convulsions last night the market rediscounted. :-)

Could be!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    If he had behaved this way during the election I believe many more mainstream voters would have been more likely to vote for him. He might have lost some of the deplorable though.

As as I was listening to the speech, all I could think of was basic math. More people covered with better health insurance, more money spent in infrastructure and defense, big tax cuts. Somewhere in there things don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    As as I was listening to the speech, all I could think of was basic math. More people covered with better health insurance, more money spent in infrastructure and defense, big tax cuts. Somewhere in there things don't add up.
    Probably best not to look too closely into what money is...

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    DMC: I can't believe you are comparing a mentally ill narcissistic with a person that understands how to work within government and has a ton of experience. WE are the laughing stock of the world right now.
    He was able to get elected, so he was able to accomplish that. And I don't worry to much about what the rest of the world thinks of us. They will have to deal with it, just like some here.

Maybe his ability to get elected tells more about most of the folks who elected him? Snake oil salesmen sold a lot of tonic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Well, they're saying the market liked the speech, with the DOW up 300 points today. . .
    The stock market has been a little odd considering the turmoil around his unpopularity. I shifted some of my retirement nest egg out of stocks. I hardly ever try to predict the market, but was just not feeling comfortable. Unless something in his policies changes, it's not making good dollar sense to me. Maybe we're in a speculative bubble or could be a boom, but I'm sleeping better.

I though his speech was pretty milk toast politics. I suspect he had some coaching to tone down the rhetoric and he actually listened. He really didn't say much new.

I'm sure he gets tons of coaching! .."...please daddy you HAVE to tone it down!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I suspect he had some coaching to tone down the rhetoric and he actually listened. He really didn't say much new.
    And maybe his staff got him to lay off the coke for a night...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And maybe his staff got him to lay off the coke for a night...
    Jp1, I'm not throwing snark your way with this comment, ok? Such is not my intent. I just want to say that I don't care for Trump either and as you know I've been quite vocal about it.....I'm not buying the rumors about Trump doing cocaine. Perhaps in the past, yes, but (call me a fool if you want, I won't get offended this one time on this one issue) I'd like to believe the man is brighter than to use cocaine or any other illicit non prescribed substance while holding his current office. I sure hope I'm right on this one.....Rob

Thread Information