Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Address Tonight

Presidential Address Tonight

I can hardly wait - lol.

Didn't listen - I'll catch up tomorrow. I'll read reports and transcripts, but I just don't want to hear his voice anymore. Ever.

I thought it was a pretty good performance, sober, serious and yet uplifting. The extended ovation given to the widow of the Navy Seal was touching, the Democrats who spent the rest of the speech glued to their seats even stood for her.

Given that it was The Donald at the dais, I was pleasantly surprised by a dignified presentation.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I had planned on watching it, but after just a few minutes, I just couldn't continue. Who is this man? What does he really believe? Who wrote his speech or told him he was going to be in big trouble if he didn't quit acting like a spoiled brat?
    I just couldn't believe anything he said. He's a chameleon. I will wait and see if he can continue this "presidential" behavior. After his campaign and the past 5 weeks of his usual behavior, it was just impossible for me to believe his new presence.
    Time will tell.

I didnt watch it and will probably watch snippets later.

But from what I heard, there was nothing to make me happy. Paid FMLA leave? How on earth is that friendly to business?So he is going remove ACA requirements and stick em with paying for FMLA? Lets hope congress can say hell no, Ivanka.

The speech was pretty pedestrian, but I was impressed with the way the Democrats rose to the challenge of behaving every bit as childishly as Trump. The dressing up, the rushing out at the end, the thumbs-down gestures and sulking. It was great theater.

He wedged in two words related to the environment between two or three other less "important" (in his mind) issues just to appease..

I think it was one of his more Presidential speeches, but said nothing that made me feel warmer towards him, or less worried about my issues.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The speech was pretty pedestrian, but I was impressed with the way the Democrats rose to the challenge of behaving every bit as childishly as Trump. The dressing up, the rushing out at the end, the thumbs-down gestures and sulking. It was great theater.
    What should they have done, in your opinion?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    Didn't listen - I'll catch up tomorrow. I'll read reports and transcripts, but I just don't want to hear his voice anymore. Ever.
    Thank You, Creaker. I feel the exact same way. I even tried to watch him last night as the banquet I was scheduled to work cancelled 75% of the temp workers ordered for the event - and I found I could not dredge up the emotional strength to listen to him. Just couldn't do it and figured I could read about it all online this morning anyway, thus sparing me listening to his voice. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I had planned on watching it, but after just a few minutes, I just couldn't continue. Who is this man? What does he really believe? Who wrote his speech or told him he was going to be in big trouble if he didn't quit acting like a spoiled brat?
    I just couldn't believe anything he said. He's a chameleon. I will wait and see if he can continue this "presidential" behavior. After his campaign and the past 5 weeks of his usual behavior, it was just impossible for me to believe his new presence.
    Time will tell.
    I personally am unable to believe anything he says period. I can't buy "Presidential behavior" as it's too little, too late - too many days late and for the lower social classes, too many dollars short. He should have behaved himself from day one on the campaign trail BUT I believe one of the reasons he's making this speech instead of Hillary Clinton is that he didn't behave himself and enough of the voters were accepting of this rejection of "normal" behavior that it helped him get elected. Rob

Thread Information