Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Address Tonight

I hate that Van Jones comment, because in spite of the fact that the ovation and widow presence was not unprecedented, many people will read or hear that quote and say, "Yes! Yes! He's our man! Our president!" Yuck.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Interesting, this just came across newsfeed:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

A Chicago man lost his job in financial services industry for tweeting about this incident.

It was a nasty, moronic tweet worthy of Trump himself, but firing the guy seems pretty extreme. I wonder if his employment contract had some sort of clause about bringing the firm into disrepute. I would assume that there are laws about firing employees for their political opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It was a nasty, moronic tweet worthy of Trump himself, but firing the guy seems pretty extreme. I wonder if his employment contract had some sort of clause about bringing the firm into disrepute. I would assume that there are laws about firing employees for their political opinions.
    Illinois is an employment at will state - I would assume you could fire any employee for their political opinions.

Sometimes I just have to shake my head. The news today has a story about Trump's latest tweet. Obama wire tapped the Trump Tower before election (no evidence of course). He accused him of McCarthyism and being a bad or sick man. It look like he's back to his old self after a thread of sanity and lead ship he showed in his speech.

Somebody reined him in for the short duration of the address, I imagine. Again, I'm aghast that such a discombobulated, spiteful mess of a man represents me in the world. How far we've fallen.

I dont know if it is illegal to fire the guy, I will leave that up to judges who have to determine sort of thing.

But is t extreme? We dont know what directives were given to employees of that guy's company. I can see an investment firm telling employees to keep their personal opinion about our President to themselves, given that they are in a sales position and they dont want to turn off clients. Oh and also, that guy in the
    White House is responsible for a big run up of the stock market, he is improving their product, and people are happy with their financial advisors. Context is important in these things.

As for this morning's tweets, they are cuckoo.

anyone can be fired for ANY reason (except a few protected reasons and they don't include political opinions, but things like being fired because one is a woman and became pregnant say). Hard to work in America without knowing that. Companies are generally more careful as they fear a lawsuit but the law is on their side, you can be fired for any reason. Of course it doesn't mean one will be fired for any reason. Of course it has a decent chance of being corruption and the firms clients are directly involved with Trump, sleazy but not illegal.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 3-4-17 at 12:52pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

Time for the men in white coats to make a Trump visit. Just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Sometimes I just have to shake my head. The news today has a story about Trump's latest tweet. Obama wire tapped the Trump Tower before election (no evidence of course). He accused him of McCarthyism and being a bad or sick man. It look like he's back to his old self after a thread of sanity and lead ship he showed in his speech.
    Like most of Trump lies there is a hint of possible truth in this - if (and it sounds quite plausible at this point) folks in Trump Tower were in communication with whoever the FBI and other organizations monitors (like the Russians?), then it's quite possible they were monitored. Not that Obama had anything to do with it, it's just what they do.

So when does Trump extend a congratulations to Obama for keeping everything under wraps? A little October surprise would have gone a long way.

Thread Information