Thread: very weird coincidence, need advice

very weird coincidence, need advice

One of the weirdest things happened with my staff, like weirdest EVER!

At least a year and a half ago at the beginning of summer camps I put all my paperwork in a box. I included all the sign in/out sheets, all the student files, all the snack records, etc. The protocol was to bring the entire box to my supervisor and leave it with her. I remember it seemed that she was busy when I dropped it off and the other supervisor told me to just leave it. So I did, and when my staff returned in fall the box was nowhere to be found. I know I am artsy type but I am very careful about labeling and boxing up. It is a side-effect of many long distance moves and the fact if things are not EXACTLY where I organize them to be then I will go into artsy mode and never find them. I told my sup who didn't seem too concerned with finding it, then I told another person who advised I let the issue go (it was after the 'bad year'). So my staff did not have their badges and had to go get new ones made.

Today my staff person had her aunt call her, her aunt was paying a cable bill and saw P's staff badge on the sidewalk!! Not in front of a school, just a business place. I saw it today, it is her photo from 10 years ago.

It seemed so weird, I would expect the box or the envelope of badges to be in storage in the wrong place, possibly at one of our other schools, but on the street! And now I have all sorts of things in my head, like where has it been and has someone been using it in DPS buildings and how did it get out of storage and who took it. I am just not sure I should say much, and if I do say something to who, and, well, oh dear

Hopefully no ones personal info was compromised. That is how identity theft can occurs.

It only had her DPS id# and name. There wasn't any other personal information, but that is a concern in a way

I honestly think I would just let it go, because you don't actually know where the material is or how it got there. To bring it to someone's attention would just raise some concerns without having anything actionable to offer to resolve the situation. Given your sometimes toxic work environment, I would also be concerned that your supervisor might not remember that you left the box with her and think you has not taken due care with these materials.

Makes sense rosa, I don't see any good it would do to bring it up really and it doesn't really link to anything the way it happened.

Thread Information