https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEK7LJSETtU

I struggled with where to put this post. On the one hand, these people live in a 1992 VW Bus (that looks like a 70's bus to people from the US, but was actually sold new in Chile in 1992) so maybe Transportation. On the next hand, they are meeting new people wherever they go, so maybe it should go in Creating Community. But lastly, this has been their home for 4 years now, so I'm putting it in Housing, even though it's only nominally what most of us would consider to be "housing".

In short, these people are awesome. They seem to have figured out truly what is important to them in terms of possessions and what they want to do with their life energy. As the woman says at one point "everything has two, three, four uses". And they regularly pick up random hitch hikers and share what they have with them. They even carry with them multiple extra hammocks in case they decide to stop somewhere for the night while they have hitch hikers with them. But if the weather is crap they have even let hitchhikers sleep inside the van with them. I'm not certain that I could be that trusting of strangers, but perhaps that says more about me than it does about them.

So inspiring to realize that so much of what I, as an ordinary middle class American, think is essential is, in reality, absolutely not necessary if one wants to live an enjoyable life.