Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Jones

Cool Tom Jones

has a Soundstage concert on PBS - he is now 76!

Made me think of some of the singers that I enjoyed back in the day.

I still have a box of records but my record player broke. I don't plan to get rid of those though.

Anyway some of my favorites were -

Mac Davis - looked him up and he got older just like me (looks different -lol)

John Denver - tragic death

Gordon Lightfoot - need to look him up

Carpenters

Mama and the Papas

The Partridge Family - David Cassidy was recently diagnosed with dementia

I will have to get my other records out of the box in the spring to see who else I enjoyed.

Saw Roger Waters is coming to town and guess I don't watch enough TV to catch it early. Tickets were sold out and "good" nosebleed seats on the secondary market were $150, floor $300, and bad nosebleed seats (see him from the side), were just shy of $100. He is 73, so I doubt I will ever see him in person. Thank goodness for dvd's, and affordable "ticket", LOL.

Is he still alive? Amazing.

Good memories. I met and worked with Mac Davis at a Special Olympics event way back, nice regular guy. At a store recently, a friend said, who sings this song and I immediately said ‘Gordon Lightfoot’, then thought where did that come from, I haven’t heard that song in decades. Good memories never go away.

Tom Jones sounded amazing. Didn't look half bad either.

He is definitely slim and trim. Doesn't do his dance moves anymore though.

I looked him up on Wikipedia. He has two sons and one was fathered when he was wild and younger while he was touring. His other son is his spitting image at 53.

I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert two years ago. It was lovely. And I'm looking for a good portable player too, Sandy - we have hundreds of albums between us (DH, DD, DS, and myself - we really prefer vinyl!).

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert two years ago. It was lovely. And I'm looking for a good portable player too, Sandy - we have hundreds of albums between us (DH, DD, DS, and myself - we really prefer vinyl!).
    I am jealous of seeing a live concert. I can't even listen to him until I get a record player!

Glenn Campbell ... Has a documentary about him and the last tour his did while him, his family and his staff dealt with his dementia
    " I'll Be Me" and it is streaming on Netflix, very heartbreaking to see my teenage idols getting old

Helen Reddy - I thought she was Canadian but she is from Australia. Read her bio on Wikipedia and she is involved in genealogy! Wow!

Thread Information