Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting A Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method March 2017

Setting A Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method March 2017

Hi Everybody,

Setting decluttering goals in units of time has really been working for me (along with other techniques), so I am going to keep doing it here.

My two goals for this spring:

Spend 20 hours decluttering my office at work which has gotten pretty bad. I'd like to complete these 20 hours by April 30.

Spend 40 more hours decluttering my home by June 15. My work schedule is about to get really busy, but I think I can manage this bit by bit.

I'll report here how I'm doing, and if anybody wants to join in with their own goals, that would be great.

Elizabeth

So, this isn't decluttering, but it's spring(ish) and my goal is to spend ten hours a week on work that provides food without leaving my farm. This may include cleaning out work in the green house or barn, but it will also be clearing, digging, mulching, planting, weeding, and cooking.

also I want yo spend ten hours a week on pottery. That will definitely start with cleaning up and clearing out. Those are pretty ambitious goals, so we'll see....

So, yesterday I only got two hours in - all barn and garden related. That means I need to do an average of three hours a day for the rest of the week to meet both goals.

Sounds great, Chicken Lady. Good luck!

Only 45 minutes - garden yesterday,
    but 4.5 hours in the studio today, mostly cleaning up. Box to go to school and much more organized.

totals:
    2:45 food
    4:30 pottery

still a little short to make the week.

Impressive goals, you two! I'm hoping that having a goal and agreeing to post progress might improve my willpower... so I'm going to commit to 3 hours a week clearing hot-spots, decluttering, and finding homes for the stuff sitting everywhere. It may not sound like much but it's all I think I can do as the weather breaks and outside beckons, and considering the small amount of available time to work within.

Wow, Chicken Lady - it sounds like you are making a lot of progress.

Early Morning, 3 hours a week sounds like a good, attainable goal. Let us know how you're doing with it.

Nothing on Wednesday.

3.5 hours yesterday - all "food" - mulching the fallow section of the garden by laying down cardboard and covering it with used bedding, so also got a clean stall and less stored cardboard out of the process. And weeded one small patch of overgrown rhubarb.

totals
    6:15 food
    4:30 pottery

very sore.

Good job, Chicken Lady! I've been too busy at work to do anything yet, but I'm hoping to take a couple of baby steps this weekend.

yesterday, I spent 15 minutes shoving things around and moving a cupboard (temporarily) to another room so we could move out a vanity. Today, we spent two hours total moving things to get TO the vanity, bringing it downstairs, pulling/pricing/packing a box of glass to go to our antique mall case, and loading it all into the van for delivery. Yay, a few more things gone! 2.25 hours spent on that endeavor. Priced/packed more items tonight to take to our booth in another mall tomorrow, and I have another bag of books to donate to the Friends of the Library sale, spent another hour on that. So I've met my goal for this week!

Thread Information