Good morning! I've got a few frugals to share. First the little stuff:
A free bus ride the other night because the fare collector/card swiper was out of order
I redeemed Bing search points for a $5.00 Amazon credit
I did a Pine Cone Research survey for $3.00.
Then some bigger stuff:
We really watched our grocery spending in Feb. I've been more successful in pulling DH into the budget planning, and that is key, since he does the grocery shopping. So although we started the month with what looked like a budget deficit, we were actually able to put an extra $300. into savings, which I transferred yesterday. We didn't go to Trader Joe's at all for the month, and we skipped our monthly Costco run. I pondered whether the Costco thing was just deferred spending, but our list for March isn't unusually large, and I did actually move money into savings, so I think it was a real frugal. Skipping TJ's just eliminated some recreational grocery shopping. We still ate very well all month, which is not surprising news to anyone on this forum, I'm sure.
We went to a concert last night (Melvin Seals and the Jerry Garcia Band) at the Cabot Theater in Beverly. We had bought the tickets a few months ago, and they were pretty reasonable at under $90. for the two of us. We ate dinner at home before the show, each had only one drink at the show, and there was free parking at the venue. So we had a great night out for pretty reasonable money, compared to what we could have spent.