Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Facts

No Facts

Just a question I am wondering. How can the President "lie" or maybe a better phrase is send out statements that have no facts to back up and not be Impeached? The statements must need to be under oath?

The Cry Wolf effect has already affected me.

Well, Bill Clinton lied under oath, and we were told to "move on". So the bar must be pretty high.

I would suppose it matters what he lies about and what his intentions are. I am beginning to think he does not have the ability to distinguish objective fact from a narcissistic fiction he creates.

Yesterday was interesting - during the hearings with the FBI director, Comey was questioned whether a tweet Trump sent during the hearing ("The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.") was truthful - surprisingly it was not.

I think Trump uses these tactics as diversions when there are other more important things he does not want the media to dwell on.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I think Trump uses these tactics as diversions when there are other more important things he does not want the media to dwell on.
    I wish I thought that, it would indicate careful thought and controlled communication from our President.

I am more inclined to agree with Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I wish I thought that, it would indicate careful thought and controlled communication from our President.

I am more inclined to agree with Roger.
    It's probably a little, ok a lot, of both.

Unbridled narcissism.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Clinton"I did not have sex with that woman"

Bush " there are weapons of mass destructions"

Obama " you can keep your doctor if you like your doctor"

Trump " the press is the enemy of the people except Breitbart and sometimes Fox, Germany owes NATO money, Obama "wiretapped"me, people coming over our southern border are rapists and murders, everyone will have greater coverage, more choice and have cheaper health care, I respect women, we did not collude with the Russians, I won by the biggest landslide, three million people voted illegally, I will appoint a special prosecutor to lock her up, Mexico will pay for a great big beautiful wall, It is not a Muslim ban and so on and on every single day"

take away the tweet machine and everything will run much smoother and less dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Just a question I am wondering. How can the President "lie" or maybe a better phrase is send out statements that have no facts to back up and not be Impeached? The statements must need to be under oath?
    Is he under oath in a courtroom when he Tweets? No. What would you impeach him for? What law is he breaking?

Thread Information