Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New travel ban

There are a lot of District Court judges out there. Do they all get a crack, or is there something unique about Hawaii and immigration?

Looks like the Supreme Court may have a different view.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Of course it won't bolster national security in the slightest. The "threat from abroad" is just trumped-up (forgive me) to divert attention from real threats. Like global climate change.

Trump is the biggest threat to national security I've seen in my lifetime, what with his blustering sword rattling, byzantine Russian connections, and embrace of Breitbartian nationalism. He and his henchmen can't be gone too soon to suit me.
    +1,000,000 Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is a most interesting new book out about that era of Hitler's life and drug use in WWII. The author says that the
    Germans perfected a drug that is the same as Meth-amphetamine and they fed it to their soldiers regularly.

Meanwhile, the Allies were shipping in red wine to make the French troops happy.

Guess whoch army was faster, more alert, less afraid, and didnt need sleep?
    And still lost anyway, Thank God. I may be as Austrian as you can possibly be without holding the passport and living in the Homeland but I'm still glad the Germans were defeated in World War 2. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    It's impacting the tourism industry, though. People are afraid to come here. And it's going to affect a lot of jobs.
    My family in Austria is afraid to come here now.....they won't be visiting until "Your Orange Fool is Gone" (their words, not mine, though I do agree with the sentiment)......they tell me that of their friends, none wish to visit the United States at this time.....the big places now are Thailand, Canada, and Australia. This is going to impact tourism and international business travel to the US resulting in a loss of jobs in the 85006 (and many other zip codes, I refer to the 85006 as I have witnessed first hand the destruction of income Trump's policies have created in the reduction of hours endured by hotel workers in my zip code). Trump really is a disaster for the lower social classes and he can't be out of office soon enough. I only hope there is not a revolution while he is still in office - I can realistically see such happening with all the free floating intense fear of America that is part of the national landscape these days. Ay Carumba, what a mess. So much simpler it would have been to elect Hillary instead. At least I can honestly say that I did not vote for Trump and that I am part of the resistance in the 85006. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There is such a thing as a legitimate victim, you know. Like the millions who will be without health insurance under this administration. I don't identify as a victim, and I doubt the rest of the millions who are working to resist this scourge do, either. So many fronts, so little time.
    At this point, if you don't have two bags packed and some basic plan in place to flee America......I really question your take on the world. I know this is a harsh statement to make and I'm not trying to stir the pot or create controversy - I am only injecting the take of the lower social classes into this discussion, and yes, as someone familiar with the take of the lower social classes - at least locally here in the 85006 - I can tell you this take is widespread. Fear and distrust of America and living day to day with no real goals as there is no faith that fleeing won't be necessary at the drop of a hat - this is America in the lower social classes now. One good thing I can say, and there is nothing but sincerity and no snark at all here - one good thing I can say about Trump being in office is that the world is getting to see more and more with each passing day what the United States is truly about - and we are being rejected more and more by the rest of the world. This can only be a good thing, methinks.......so it's not all bad. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I may be as Austrian as you can possibly be without holding the passport and living in the Homeland ...
    Do you speak Österreichisches Deutsch?

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/aus...ish-passports/

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    At this point, if you don't have two bags packed and some basic plan in place to flee America......I really question your take on the world. I know this is a harsh statement to make and I'm not trying to stir the pot or create controversy - I am only injecting the take of the lower social classes into this discussion, and yes, as someone familiar with the take of the lower social classes - at least locally here in the 85006 - I can tell you this take is widespread. Fear and distrust of America and living day to day with no real goals as there is no faith that fleeing won't be necessary at the drop of a hat
    What kind of hat would have to drop to make you execute your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What kind of hat would have to drop to make you execute your plan?
    someone else to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    someone else to pay for it.
    Take up a collection?

A constant crying wolf is wearing.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-26-17 at 1:50pm.

Thread Information