Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: New travel ban

  1. #31
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Hitler used drugs and maybe Donald does too. It might explain the bizarre behavior.
    There is a most interesting new book out about that era of Hitler's life and drug use in WWII. The author says that the
    Germans perfected a drug that is the same as Meth-amphetamine and they fed it to their soldiers regularly.

    Meanwhile, the Allies were shipping in red wine to make the French troops happy.

    Guess whoch army was faster, more alert, less afraid, and didnt need sleep?

  2. #32
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is a most interesting new book out about that era of Hitler's life and drug use in WWII. The author says that the
    Germans perfected a drug that is the same as Meth-amphetamine and they fed it to their soldiers regularly.

    Meanwhile, the Allies were shipping in red wine to make the French troops happy.

    Guess whoch army was faster, more alert, less afraid, and didnt need sleep?
    And perhaps the overconfidence that often accompanies use of that type of drug is what lead hitler to engage on two fronts at once, costing them the war.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,745
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is a most interesting new book out about that era of Hitler's life and drug use in WWII. The author says that the
    Germans perfected a drug that is the same as Meth-amphetamine and they fed it to their soldiers regularly.

    Meanwhile, the Allies were shipping in red wine to make the French troops happy.

    Guess whoch army was faster, more alert, less afraid, and didnt need sleep?
    But look at the final result. In the long run, I'll bet on the honest drinking man over a tweaker every time.

  4. #34
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,091
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And perhaps the overconfidence that often accompanies use of that type of drug is what lead hitler to engage on two fronts at once, costing them the war.
    Yes, that was covered by the author. Hitler regularly puzzled his generals because he ordered them onwards and upwards when all they saw indicated the Reich's military position was crumbling. They assumed he had insider knowledge. But he only had insider drugs.

  5. #35
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, that was covered by the author. Hitler regularly puzzled his generals because he ordered them onwards and upwards when all they saw indicated the Reich's military position was crumbling. They assumed he had insider knowledge. But he only had insider drugs.
    If only Nancy Reagan had been there to helpfully tell him to "just say no" perhaps we'd all be speaking German right now.

  6. #36
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,333
    So, now that we're nearing 60 days since the first muslim ban was implemented I imagine that trump's people have pretty much figured out the extreme vetting that they said they needed a 60 day ban to implement. I wonder when we're going to hear about what the new vetting procedure is? I keep checking twitter, but nothing...

  7. #37
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,091
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So, now that we're nearing 60 days since the first muslim ban was implemented I imagine that trump's people have pretty much figured out the extreme vetting that they said they needed a 60 day ban to implement. I wonder when we're going to hear about what the new vetting procedure is? I keep checking twitter, but nothing...
    I would not expect, and do not expect, but there would necessarily be a whole new vetting process. I understood the point of a halt on immigration from problem areas to be that vetting procedure would be reviewed. A review might show things are OK.

  8. #38
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would not expect, and do not expect, but there would necessarily be a whole new vetting process. I understood the point of a halt on immigration from problem areas to be that vetting procedure would be reviewed. A review might show things are OK.
    A legitimate review probably would show things are ok, considering what actually is already done. But of course we won't ever get that or a new procedure. Much more likely is that trump will still be talking about how we can't let these folks in because they are too dangerous and we aren't properly vetting them for about as long as he still has a twitter account. Or until he's impeached. Whichever comes first. After all, we can't really start vetting them before we stop letting them come in. Or something. (I can see a new slogan here! No letting before vetting!)

    And now that the so called judge in Hawaii (I haven't fully read up on this latest judge to personally attack him. I wonder if he's also mexican despite his wholesome american sounding name...) has blocked his latest muslim ban we just can't possibly start to figure out who we're letting in.

  9. #39
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    A legitimate review probably would show things are ok, considering what actually is already done. But of course we won't ever get that or a new procedure. Much more likely is that trump will still be talking about how we can't let these folks in because they are too dangerous and we aren't properly vetting them for about as long as he still has a twitter account. Or until he's impeached. Whichever comes first. After all, we can't really start vetting them before we stop letting them come in. Or something. (I can see a new slogan here! No letting before vetting!)

    And now that the so called judge in Hawaii (I haven't fully read up on this latest judge to personally attack him. I wonder if he's also mexican despite his wholesome american sounding name...) has blocked his latest muslim ban we just can't possibly start to figure out who we're letting in.
    Wasn't the list of 7 countries compiled because the other countries themselves had no reliable way of assisting in the vetting process? How can the receiving country properly vet an immigrant without the assistance of the country of origin?

    Regarding the Judge in Hawaii, from what I've read he's basing his legal decision on campaign utterances rather than the content of the EO. If that's true, it sounds ripe for reversal.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,745
    There are an awful lot of Circuit Court Judges out there. Do they all get a crack, or is there something unique about Hawaii relevant to immigration?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •