Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New travel ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

New travel ban

The new Muslim ban Is out, although they deny calling it that. If only Trump had consulted legal counsel and had a much better thought out and crafted ban the first time out there would have been way fewer problems.

It it looks like there is much less of an uproar in the media and congress over it, as green card holders and those with Visa's will supposedly be able to enter. And it gives a week for training and clarification to happen before it is enforced. The biggest question is will it have any effect on terrorist related activity in our country, good or bad.

I think this this has been a very valuable learning experience of our inexperienced executive branch. You cannot just wave a wand and make new policy. Now someone just needs to take his tweeter away.

Maybe people are relieved it isn't going to cause as much trauma as the first fiasco, but it still looks like an effort to reduce the dilution of the traditional white class with little evidence it will help national security.

Of course it won't bolster national security in the slightest. The "threat from abroad" is just trumped-up (forgive me) to divert attention from real threats. Like global climate change.

Trump is the biggest threat to national security I've seen in my lifetime, what with his blustering sword rattling, byzantine Russian connections, and embrace of Breitbartian nationalism. He and his henchmen can't be gone too soon to suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Of course it won't bolster national security in the slightest. The "threat from abroad" is just trumped-up (forgive me) to divert attention from real threats. Like global climate change.

Trump is the biggest threat to national security I've seen in my lifetime, what with his blustering sword rattling, byzantine Russian connections, and embrace of Breitbartian nationalism. He and his henchmen can't be gone too soon to suit me.
    It's impacting the tourism industry, though. People are afraid to come here. And it's going to affect a lot of jobs.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    It's impacting the tourism industry, though. People are afraid to come here. And it's going to affect a lot of jobs.
    My family in Austria is afraid to come here now.....they won't be visiting until "Your Orange Fool is Gone" (their words, not mine, though I do agree with the sentiment)......they tell me that of their friends, none wish to visit the United States at this time.....the big places now are Thailand, Canada, and Australia. This is going to impact tourism and international business travel to the US resulting in a loss of jobs in the 85006 (and many other zip codes, I refer to the 85006 as I have witnessed first hand the destruction of income Trump's policies have created in the reduction of hours endured by hotel workers in my zip code). Trump really is a disaster for the lower social classes and he can't be out of office soon enough. I only hope there is not a revolution while he is still in office - I can realistically see such happening with all the free floating intense fear of America that is part of the national landscape these days. Ay Carumba, what a mess. So much simpler it would have been to elect Hillary instead. At least I can honestly say that I did not vote for Trump and that I am part of the resistance in the 85006. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

+1,000,000 Rob

I think it's affecting the mental health industry, too. Suicide-related calls and psychotic breaks seem to be up; at least if my monitoring of police calls is any indicator. (Successful suicides too, sadly.)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...visa-1.4011202

Our border agencies are a mess. Now I really think the agents are trying to sc**w over Trump. I am totally embarrassed by the whole thing. If I lived overseas, I would not even try to come to the US until we figure it out. Why pay $$$ for the chance of being turned away?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

Our border agencies are a mess. Now I really think the agents are trying to sc**w over Trump. I am totally embarrassed by the whole thing. If I lived overseas, I would not even try to come to the US until we figure it out. Why pay $$$ for the chance of being turned away?
    It's one thing to be turned away - she was detained 6 hours before being turned away. Some folks have been detained and interrogated for hours. Who wants to pay $$$ for that?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

It is a little harder to want to visit than it used to be.

Thread Information