Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entering the US in trump's America

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Perhaps a ploy to catch those who would fake a marriage simply for the fast track to citizenship?
    My thoughts exactly based on some of the tricks I know from law enforcement. Similar to how a suspect being interviewed is asked, "do you know why you are here" to which there are lots of confessions, one I know of, confessed to multiple crimes, including one which no one was aware of, at the time.
    Easy way to get a stupid criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Easy way to get a stupid criminal.
    Yep, in an Occam's Razor sort of way, the simplest tactics are often the most effective.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We did discuss that possibility last night but it is not a crime to change your name and because she had her green card for so long she could divorce him and not be a citizen and still stay here.

My interactions with law enforcement over the years in a professional capacity (psych nurses and cops often work together) cause me to think it was a trick question of some sort. While I appreciate all that law enforcement does, I've had to admit to myself that they are under no obligation to tell the truth as they question people. They operate under their own rules. Just like they run red lights and speed and change lanes without signaling -- I wish it were not this way, but it is what it is.

Terry, that is so strange. I would be suspicious, too. What the what? I am glad your dil stood her ground. She is a true American!

Thanks Tybee) She was in the US on a tourist visa and some of her friends were here too. They all wanted to marry an American and stay and she did not. She is a HS French teacher and speaks 5 languages. She is on a train and my son a confirmed bachelor at 33 sees her and goes to sit by her. By the time she got off they had plans to meet in Chicago in 2 weeks. My son calls me and says he met the women he is going to marry. I was shocked. She goes home and they date long distance for 3 years. Then they get married and she comes here. Unfortunately, she can't teach here as we don't recognize her degree. It's funny how life turns out.

Thread Information