Quote Originally Posted by TVRodriguez View Post
I biked to work for the first time today. I live only about 3 miles from my office, and it's a fairly straight shot on mostly residential streets (except the last part which is a bit city). I'm not a very confident bike rider, having learned late, and I'm very proud of myself. It's a beautiful day in South Florida, sunny and warm but not hot. I've been mulling the idea over (to bike to work) for over a year now, and I'm glad I finally took the bike by the handles and did it. I went in late to avoid traffic. I'm not in the best shape, and I got a bit sweaty, but I have no meetings today.

Only thing was that I forgot the bike lock. Hahaha. But luckily, I was able to take the bike up the service elevator and bring it into my office.

Hurrah!
That's great! Congratulations. You sound really excited.

I'm glad that you were able to take your bike into the office. I think bicycling is wonderful exercise. It's also a good way to cut down on your transportation costs. It's even more impressive since you learned to ride a bike when you were older.

I used to bike to work, too. I took my bike on the bus's bike rack, and then rode it on a safe bike path (that was away from cars,) the rest of the seven miles to work. It was so pretty. It went through a park. I loved it. It was flat, so not too much of a strain.