Thread: Minimalist group

Minimalist group

I found a Minimalism group on Facebook that is located about 60 miles away from me. It's based on the recent Netflix documentary and the two guys who call themselves The Minimalists. The local group meets once a month or so. I haven't been able to go, but I enjoy the interaction on the Facebook group page. There may be others in other parts of the country.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I am wondering if you connected with the Minimalism group, and how the experience was.

I have been decluttering for about a month, and keeping a journal of what I have discarded or reorganized. I did not not take "before" pictures of areas I am concentrating on, but looking over the journal gives me a sense that I am making progress.

Incidentally, in the summer of 1970 I was a summer intern in Topeka, working with the accountants on the AAES (base exchange) on the Forbes AFB south of town. I remember the Topeka Peace Center. That summer was a tense time, when relations between the police force and the community were strained. On two occasions I felt my safety was threatened by police... and on one occasion by a hung-over trucker with a .44 in his hand.

So sorry for the late response, dado potato. No, I have not made it to any of the meetings.

I was about 10 years old in 1970 and remember Forbes AFB. It's been closed quite awhile now. Your experiences were very scary! I remember there being more tension in Lawrence, 20 miles away and home of the University of Kansas.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information