Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Find This Product

Question Can't Find This Product

Not sure what forum category this is but I can't find a product.

I am looking for a surge protector that has old-fashioned telephone line hook ups for input and output (one each of those) and at least two electrical outlets.

Input and outlet holes for landline cords look like little squares.

So far, I can only find ones with USB ports or three prong electrical outlets.

The girl at the store sold me the wrong kind saying it would work and I have to take it back.

I live in nowheresville so I am willing to order one from a bigger store but just want to make sure it is the right thing.

The one I have currently is from Phillips and it has 5 electrical outlets on the top and the telephone in and out connections are on the end of it.

It is getting older though so I thought it would be a breeze to find one but I am not having any luck in nowheresville.

I hate having to take things back to a store but this one is not the right thing at all.

I've been looking at amazon, but a lot of stuff there is old and no longer available (sold out). Some of it is scams and some of it is to go to overseas sites. I am being cautious because I already got scammed with something that I have to take back. I hope I can find something in person or to buy from a reliable source. I will have to use a credit card and don't want anything dicey to go on. It is just ridiculous that none of the stores have these in stock. Heck the sales girl sold me a 3 prong electrical protector and told me the landlines would go in that tiny hole. I was doubtful and now I have to drive all the way to the store to make a return.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    This has USB ports not old fashioned telephone jacks.

Office Depot: https://goo.gl/HLGxeZ

I can "blow it up" on my tablet and this looks like the old fashioned jack insert.

It helps to use the correct terminology when looking for items. Search for a surge protector with RJ11 jacks, a quick look on Amazon revealed lots of choices.
    RJ11 is a 6 pin telephone jack, RJ45 is an 8 pin Ethernet jack. They look the same except for size so don't depend on how it looks.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

And I have never, ever had a problem ordering from Amazon. I have Prime and I like that I only had to enter My CC#information once; I'm confident that their network is secure as anything can be. The few times I've had issues, they've been resolved immediately. Order with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It helps to use the correct terminology when looking for items. Search for a surge protector with RJ11 jacks, a quick look on Amazon revealed lots of choices.
    RJ11 is a 6 pin telephone jack, RJ45 is an 8 pin Ethernet jack. They look the same except for size so don't depend on how it looks.
    You're such a knowledgeable person, Alan! (in spite of your political views).......

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    This has USB ports not old fashioned telephone jacks.
    Time to break out the glasses. Down at the bottom on the same side as the cable (where it says phone).
    One reason Alan has his views is because of knowing the language. Not knowing what things mean, make it easy to fake people out.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Time to break out the glasses. Down at the bottom on the same side as the cable (where it says phone).
    One reason Alan has his views is because of knowing the language. Not knowing what things mean, make it easy to fake people out.
    Sometimes I need stronger ones

Thread Information