Thread: Worlds biggest baked potato

Worlds biggest baked potato

I had a craving for a baked potato with my chicken today. So the store had 3 loose potatoes in plastic wrap. Two were shriveled and one was the biggest potato I have ever seen. I took off the plastic wrap and put it in a huge piece of foil and it took forever to bake, but it is tasty. It almost covers an entire plate! Probably 4 servings. I might end up with leftovers. I didn't want to buy a 10 pound bag of potatoes though. I keep looking for a small microwave on sale or clearance but haven't bought one yet.

I never use the microwave, if we were closer I'd give you mine.
    That is one huge potato. Apparently we quit eating as many white potatoes (red and yellow included) because I went to make hashbrowns on Saturday and discovered 3 5lb bags of various potatoes in the potato cabinet that had never been opened but had all sprouted. We do eat the sweet potatoes I buy but I need to just delete "5lb bag potatoes" off my printable shopping list.
    Last edited by Float On; 3-13-17 at 3:18pm.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

There's a restaurant chain around here called McAlister's Deli https://www.mcalistersdeli.com/

They serve some really, really large baked potatoes. I wonder where they get them.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information