Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Taxes

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    One of the theories was that trump had it released. You may not like him, but he is not stupid and is very aware how to manipulate things. It's like a reality show these days.

I think most most of us know he has a lot of money and probably pays a lot of taxes in one way or another. Unfortunately who knows how much he is profiting from his executive actions and dealings with foreign powers. Could be zero, could be billions.

I hate all these tactics on both sides. All smoke, mirrors, innuendos, accusations and so on. I think she should have said I have Trumps "tax returns". The quotations make everything subject to individual interpretation.

Hmmm, and I have a theory that I am a principal dancer with AMerican Ballet Theater, but that doesnt make it true.

I think it's more than clear that Trump is profiting bigly from being President (real estate and licensing deals), and has profited from his deals with Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think it's more than clear that Trump is profiting bigly from being President (real estate and licensing deals), and has profited from his deals with Russians.
    Enough has happened that an investigation into whether the emoluments clause is being violated, I think, is more than warranted.

Creaker, I totally agree with you.

I'm thinking of starting a skin care line with this on the label:

+

Skin cream--Emoluments and Impeachments!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that after a hysterical build-up, Rachel Maddow brandished two pages stolen from Trump's 2005 return. He apparently paid $38 million on income of $150 million, and we were invited to be shocked by that revelation.

If 25% of one's income isn't enough for the commonweal, what is sufficient?

Wasn't it said that because of this he did to have to pay ANY taxes for years. Also, see that he had another year where he claimed a $900,000 loss. This was a diversion to take the press away from reporting more on his affiliation with the Russians.

I just completed my income taxes for tax year 2016. It showed negative income after allowed (and nothing at all fancy) deductions and exemptions. And I got a *credit* of about $9000, which is cash money that will be sent right to my bank from Alan's pocket apparently, just for being such a good citizen.

There is simply no way to discern my real investment positioning or my net worth from my income tax forms, even though I went through quite a lot of printer ink and paper to print them out. (I have to mail in physical forms, I am not allowed by our overlords to file electronically, because one of their internal databases has my last name mis-spelled (using a spelling that is unique upon the earth) and thus the cross-checks of my social security number and my name fail. The only way to fix this is to go hat-in-hand to one of their offices (a one day trip) with originals of my identifying documents, and thus this task will never get done...).

I also completed my financial disclosure forms for my state elected office, to conform with our disclosure rules. This filing lets you know just about everything there is to know.

Weird that a local-level elected position with very limited authority and scope has more intense disclosure/ethics requirements than, say, the position of President of the USA...

But the whole "tax forms" thing is a bit precious - the 1040 and supporting documentation alone tell you so very little.

There's conjecture out there that he leaked his own taxes. He's a known leaker. (And leakee, if Russian gossip can be believed.)

Who knows what the truth is, but if he were going to leak it would make sense to pick a 'bland' year like the one that is now public.

Thread Information