Thread: computer help needed please

computer help needed please

What do you call the letters that are on shared keys on a netbook? kk22 or oo66
    First are the white letters and second are blue
    How do I get rid 6f the blue letters?

TIA
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

On a normal keyboard you'd want to press the 'numlock' key. If there is none on your netbook, it can be done by some combination of the FN key and one of the F keys at the top. On many models, FN + F11 will do the trick.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

333lllll Yay, FN + F11 does the trick
    Thanks, Alan!!!
    I asked about 7 different people for help with no luck showing them the keyboard and didn't know what to call it to do a search. Whew, it is so frustrating trying to undo some acidental touch of the wrong keys.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

OK, Alan, may I take advantage of your kind offer to find the Windows 7 Wifi driver download to use the free library internet access?
    The program that I am using on my little netbook which has worked well is the ZDWLan Utility. It is the neatest little stick (I have read some posts calling it something else) that I plug into my computer and I have the free Wifi access.

At present I have no choice but to pay Ma Bell per MB of use as I am out in the country and have no access to any other form of internet access. There is one company that provides satellite access at a huge cost with many problems.

If I can access the library on my laptop for large downloads it would be wonderful and much cheaper.

I did a search for a Windows 7 driver and found only a number of sites discussing their problems with the ZDWLan Utility on Windows 7.

Thanks for any advice.

ZDWLan Utility is a piece of software bundled with various wi-fi appliances. I think the answer is in getting the appropriate driver for your specific wi-fi device. What is the manufacturer name & model?

Edited to add: As an afterthought, your netbook probably has a built in wireless adapter. If so, it could be used to access the library's wi-fi connection without having to use a usb device.
    Does your netbook have an internal adapter?
    Last edited by Alan; 5-1-11 at 9:27pm.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information