Greetings,

I actually joined weeks ago, but I didn't get around to actually posting here. I was resistant to change and kept second-guessing and asking if I really wanted to do this. I do. If there's one area in my life I want to simplify, it's my diet. All the biggest shopping binges are related to food. I always go for tastiest whether or not I can really afford to. Sometimes I have fridge and a cupboard full of food and still I go and buy something else when I feel like eating. I buy all this healthier stuff, but when it's time to cook, I don't fancy it and get something else instead. Eating out several times a week is also money-consuming. Another vice is buying a lot of music and movies even when I lack the time to listen/watch them.

The plan is actually make a lot of changes. I've become more interested in ethical consumerism and environmental issues. I want to go vegetarian and start preferring local food. There's also a health aspect. The tastiest stuff often isn't the healthiest. Money is a big factor, as well. A couple of years ago my hedonist lifestyle resulted in money troubles and I don't want to ever feel that desperate again. Ironically, just when I joined here I got a big inheritance, which removed the financial pressure to change. Nevertheless, I actually feel more motivated than ever to change it. That old lifestyle was simply unsustainable in every sense of the word.

Now that I actually wrote that, it seems awfully simple. Let's see how it goes in practice.