Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 59

Last weekend I went on a date with a 59 year old woman. I am 37.

The date was quite pleasant. We simply met for a lunch (because she was skeptical of a date with "someone so much younger").

By the end of the date she said: "I am glad we did this. Thank you for being persistent."

When I said: "I will contact you soon, maybe we can do this again" she said: "Yes! Please do. We should!"

And she sent me a couple emails the next day about enjoying meeting me. And we have been emailing more since then.

Thoughts on this situation? Lemme have it. haha

I dated 6 years and 8 years younger. No biggie unless you think it is a biggie.

Do you have an Oedipus complex?

Seriously, I don't see any issue. If you enjoy her company and she enjoys yours, go with it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I dated 6 years and 8 years younger. No biggie unless you think it is a biggie.
    It is not an issue to me. Though I have noticed -- and maybe this is an individual thing -- she is not especially forthcoming. Women around my age (and younger) tend to just say all kind of stuff, about themselves, others, anything. I think that men around my age and younger do this too, perhaps because this is what they all do on social media. haha

I have known a few people with the woman being this much older that worked out very well. I would just see where it leads. I think older women take longer to share. They are not used to blabbing their personal lives all over the place.

Yppej
    I have dated men 15 years younger which was too much of a gap as he was immature and 5 years younger who I had a good run with and who I am still friends with. I have also gone up to 5 years older, but everyone who was older than me was controlling.

I think it sounds very promising! IN my family there are at least three of these younger men older women marriages, and they have worked out very well.

Oh just a date and enjoyable at that. Not like you are 57 and she is 79 and you biking or kyaking on the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Do you have an Oedipus complex?
    No, but I like that I would not have to worry about accidental pregnancy if she and I were physically intimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have known a few people with the woman being this much older that worked out very well. I would just see where it leads. I think older women take longer to share. They are not used to blabbing their personal lives all over the place.
    I think I am just going to ask her on another date and get to know her more. Just take it one step at a time. If it continues to go well, great! If she and I appear not to be a match after getting to know each other then we both move on. No big issues.

Thread Information