Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Living deliberately

Saturday was too much.

the last visitor left Tuesday morning and dh and dd went back to work. I thought that Tuesday would be enough to recover, but it has pretty much taken me two days. I did get most of the "extra" laundry and some dishes done yesterday.

i have watched an entire "season" of a Netflix comedy (partly while folding and putting away laundry) eaten up too many leftovers (and gained 3 pounds) and fallen way behind on my garden and house. I have 4! Plastic grocery bags of trash to drop off somewhere. And dh bought meat on styrofoam trays.

but it was still good to see everyone, just too many of them here on saturday!

Today I need to get back to making good decisions.

Yppej
    CL it sounds like when people need a vacation to recover from their vacation. Today at lunchtime I sat outdoors in the beautiful weather, relaxed and recharged.

Today I have to go out into the world.

i have not made optimal decisions so far - slept too late and too much time on-line, but I am feeling tired and low energy this morning. Relaxing now and planning to focus more when I have to leave in an hour.

Breathe CL. Today is a new start.

Wow. So, I took care of the trash.

my class was amazing. I'm very glad I'm treating myself to this, I have four weeks of class on Mondays very intensive one on one with a great teacher. It's the most extravagant thing I've done in a long time.

i made good choices at the grocery store - limited packaging, organic, healthier ingredients, less processing where possible/reasonable. I did impulse buy - non organic cherries packaged in trash, organic juice in a glass bottle, and cookies in a paper package. All on sale or clearance. Not bad.

Although groceries for the week were 136% the cost of my class for the week, leading me to contemplate the fact that I'd usually rather learn than eat. (I remembered all my class materials and supplies today, but forgot my lunch and didn't notice until I got home.)

i remembered my coupons and I remembered the plastic bags to recycle and I remembered to ask for paper grocery bags so I can take them to the food bank.

my body is tired but my brain is racing and I really want to rush out to my studio and work all night. But I need to do more evaluations for my job, and I am supposed to make dinner, and I will have to get up in the morning. So I will be responsible.

Yppej
    No candy at work but there was carrot cake. However, I set a goal to drink 32 oz of water a day and work myself up to 50 and I met that today. I also took a lunch although everyone else worked through theirs. I am getting my work done and helping out others so I do not feel guilty.

Yppej, I think taking allocated break time is important. Not just for you, but as a message to those around you. Building breaks into your day helps you be healthier and more productive. Work cultures where those breaks are not valued can become toxic.

i realized this morning that I have been focusing too much on "external" issues. My weight is creeping up again and reflecting on my food habits, they have not been good the last two weeks. I get tired and I eat badly. Too much bread and cheese, and with dd home we have juice in the house now too.

Plus I gave been sitting a lot to work on things on the computer and snacking a lot because I don't want to be doing those tasks, so I sweeten them with food.

you can gain weight on nuts and fruit as well as cookies.

Yppej
    Yes you can gain weight on them too. I will decide to give up one fattening food and another one will call to me. This past week it was deep fried plantains and, separately, halva. My sneakers made it to the car but I never walked at lunchtime either. But I will do better this weekend in the beautiful weather that is predicted.

Well, I stopped my weight from creeping up, but I haven't creeped it back down yet.

Yesterday i went to class again and had a sucessful grocery store trip. I was really tired - class is exhausting - I'm not moving around much, but so much new information!

two of the things I'm having trouble with are managing my time well when I am home all day, and getting to bed at a reasonable hour. (Which is usually a problem because I didn't manage my time well.) I have enlisted dh help in this - if I'm not in bed by ten without a good reason he is going to take my iPad to work with him the next day. The iPad is a good resource, but it's also part of the problem.

CL You made me laugh about the iPad. Want More Time? Get Rid of The Easiest Way to Spend It This was on my Raptitude today and fits right in with what you are saying. Making yourself go to bed is HARD!

Thread Information