Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Living deliberately

I got a fitbit a few years ago and it helped with weight loss, activity and I could not lie to myself about how active I was.

So far so good on bedtime. I was actually in bed at 9:30 last night, but I woke early because I am stressed because I have jury duty today.

it's the sitting in a box with 11 strangers part that worries me. Both the extended sitting and the people. My daughter assures me that I will be fine, but I reminded her what it was like to have to take me to a 4h quality assurance meeting (2 hours in a folding chair packed into a room full of people while someone explains government regulations and required practices to us.)

i don't sit for very long unless I'm reading a book. I can make it through a movie at a movie theatre, but at home I usually ask "can we stop the movie for a minute" so I can get up for something.

my friend had jury duty in the same courthouse yesterday. She said to bring a sweater and snacks. also that she had to sit in court for 4 straight hours.

dh says they will send me home anyway because "nobody in their right mind would let you be on a jury." But they picked Ruth.

in other news I have been focusing on my pottery studio the last few days. I have a vision.

How did the jury duty thing go today?

They selected me for the jury. The defendant threw up during opening statements. They sent us all home. The trial will be rescheduled, but they have to give jurors 2 weeks notice and my term of service ends June 28. So I am done.

i remembered to get feed on my way home and then I hid in my bedroom and watched online tv and read because I had had too much people time and the drywall guy was still here.

tomorrow I will regroup.

Sounds like an interesting day, CL. At least you won't have to go back, hopefully? What happens if, even though the reschedule the trial, they want to use the jury that was already seated? Or is that not an option, legally?

Not an option. We are "compromised".

i have a raccoon problem with my chicken coop. I thought I had solved it, but no. This is so exhausting!

i am keeping to my bedtime mostly, but stayed up late last night watching a movie with dh.

i am making progress in my pottery studio, but that also is tiring because along with some moving of heavy things, I am having to make a lot of the kind of decisions that are very hard for me. I am probably purging 10% of what I "should" and the rest is going into the basement for later. Still I need to go to both goodwill and the recycling drop soon and I don't think there is room in my car to make that be one trip.

my diet and weight are up and down, but the weight is sticking in a three pound yoyo, so that's ok right now.

i just want to sleep and watch videos, and I know it's because I am hiding from the hard things and I need to just do some of them. They will be less hard than I thought maybe, and in any case, I will feel better when they are done.

CL, just wasn't sure how that would work as I've never been "lucky" enough to have been chosen for jury duty. I think if I get chosen to go in now, I would have to try to be excused. I am my Mom's caregiver and I don't think I could get anyone else to come n and sit with her (at least not at this time of year).

So today, my daughter was able to walk out to the studio, get a 3 minute tour from me on where everything was and which materials she could help herself to, and throw for two hours.

it it is still a work in progress, but I did take a very full card load to be recycled.

i am still struggling with low energy and working on putting my focus behind what is important to me. I have not gained any more weight or made significant overall improvement in my nutrition. I am working with an online hoarding support group to reduce my clutter and June has been good so far. Today I advocated for myself with my boss again, but I have not heard back from that. I am still fighting the raccoons.

Good work CL.

Yppej
    I always crave the Reese's peanut butter cups at work, so I brought in some peanut butter which I ate spoonsful of, and it kept me away from the candy jar all day. Also due to the holiday week traffic was light, and I got to work early enough to take a 20 minute walk before starting time. At lunchtime it was close to 90 but the early morning was beautiful.

Thread Information