Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Living deliberately

sounds like a good plan.

i did my outside stuff this morning. Not all the stuff on my list, but my yard is better. I planted the bushes I brought home from mil's, so they were out of the ground for only about 24 hours.

my barn is in better shape (there was a crisis with the farm sitter and it has been getting patchwork care - smelled like sour milk and rotten eggs when I got home.)

then inside and i haven't quite finished the trip laundry, but it is all washed plus stuff that was left here dirty. My kitchen is better than when I left. I baked cookies.

got groceries (dropped trash, remembered coupons, remembered plastic bag recycling, remembered to ask for paper bags) and filled my gas tank. Worked on my in box and recycled some stuff. put everything I brought back with me at least near where it belongs.

did all this while watching a friend's elementary age kids so she could go to the nicu with her older daughter to spend time with her new granddaughter. And am now cooking a fairly complicated dinner.

still need a shower. But didn't do a bad job of not over planning the day.
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 7-5-17 at 8:30pm.

Yppej
    You should sleep good tonight after all that!

Thinking about getting all my trash out after breakfast today - that way I don't have to worry about going outside during the hottest part of the day to get it to the street.

Yppej
    It was so busy today I did not get to take a lunch, but only had 2 pieces of candy thanks to my peanut butter. For breakfast I have started scrambling my eggs with vegetables instead of potatoes. I think with gradual changes I will get where I want to be, but often it takes me awhile to come up with a solution.

I think gradual changes work best.

i am working on my priorities today, because I am feeling overwhelmed with my list.

if i don't get the tomato plants in the ground soon, I will never have any tomatoes. They are too big for their pots. I have to clear space for them.
    it is time to paint the addition. Dh noticed that I was not hustling on that and informed me that he made a $50 bet with a friend at work over who would get their kitchen cabinets in first.
    my rabbit needs to be brushed (sounds silly, but it's a health issue for the rabbit and it takes an hour)
    i have been working on my pottery studio and want to keep making progress.
    i also have homework for my pottery class (outside deadline)
    i also have fair entries that are not done. (Another outside deadline)
    my barn is still not up to my standards.

i feel guilty because they need me at the food bank and I told them I couldn't come this morning. Really, I choose not to come - I am putting myself (and all these other things) first. There is too much demand and most of the volunteers are over 70 and they keep getting injured. Much of the work is just too hard for them. My back and arms are sore from last night and I am not yet 50. We filled 28 wagons and restocked the shelves for this morning all in 2 hours.

Yppej
    Summer garden/yardwork always keep me busier than other seasons. CL will things be any easier for you come fall?

No.

i used to think that I would have more time "later" "when things slowed down." Now I am almost 50 and I know that things do not ever slow down. In fact, I'm starting to believe that things speed up. *I* slow down. I cannot paint as long or as fast as I used to.

in the fall I will be working more hours than last year (by choice) and four of the classes I will be teaching will be from scratch - I should be working on those now, but am not yet.

one of my best friends is here from out of town for a short surprise visit. Her daughter brushed my rabbit yesterday.

i must do class homework today.

I am really struggling.

i am covered in poison ivy blisters. I picked up a little goat who had escaped and gave him a cuddle before I took him back to his momma, not realizing he had been somewhere other than my back yard. There is poison ivy coming up everywhere. I have a raccoon problem. I have house mice.

I just went outside for 40 minutes to cart the dead raccoons off into the woods and dump two mice, then try to move the "temporary" fencing so the boys could clear a new area. The temporary fencing hasn't been moved for so long that it is sunk into the ground and the bottom wires are trapped by weeds. I shifted one piece one foot at one end - letting them into an area that I think is tight with permanent fence. I am now stripped out of my probably poison ivy covered clothes and still have sweat running down my body. The poison ivy blisters burn.

i haven't done the milking yet. I am behind on my work for class. I have class from one to three today, but it is a full hour drive. I have promised to go to the food bank this evening and I know I am desperately needed. Dh expects me to finish painting the kitchen area tomorrow so he can start cabinets this weekend. My fair entries are not done, so I will have to scratch some categories. This makes me sad because I really enjoy competing in the fair. Fair week is usually my annual "vacation"

i have completely lost my garden.

my weight is holding steady because when I get overwhelmed time for meals is one of the first things to go so I am living on milk, nuts, raw fruit, and raw veggies.

and do, I do the next the - milk.

Breathe, CL. Maybe take a cool shower, put calamine on your blisters, Milk, drive to class. Skip the food bank-they will survive without you. Just my suggestion. On your drive to school listen to soothing music or nothing. Breathe.

Yppej
    I've got mice too, and have tried umpteen things to get rid of them. It's not the end of the world. Can dealing with them be delegated? My son now sets, clears, cleans and resets the traps.

Thread Information