Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Living deliberately

I need to get my laundry line back up! We took it down for construction and I miss it.

Zoe Girl, it sounds like you are making good changes!

dd decided to punish me by sending cc out with her husband and taking his place on a volunteer assignment. Not much of a punishment since I love my sil and haven't seen much of him lately. So, we played with the baby goats and then went to the egg hunt while the big guys worked on a car.

the egg hunt was actually pretty good. There were so many eggs! They separated the ages with streamers and there was no pushing. It looked very festive. We returned the plastic eggs for reuse and played at the park for a while. The amount of candy made him happy and fit neatly in a cereal bowl when we got home (I needed to stick it in the fridge because it was soft from the sun). Waiting for his candy to harden gave him time to eat lunch. (If you're reading the food bank thread, he tried all my breads and chose a stone ground whole wheat roll. He did not like the rye-lol!)

we built a Lego helicopter while the guys finished the car, taught the dog to pull him down the driveway (sitting) on a skateboard, petted more goats, and see-sawed with my dh. We were going to get the bunny out, but my dd called to remind her husband that the child had tickets to a play and needed to be returned, so we ran out of time.

i think tree planting might wait for tomorrow.

Lego helicopter! now you are talking my language,

I am making crochet baby octopus toys for my kids. I made one for my grandbaby, and now everyone wants one.

Yppej
    Yesterday I attended weekly services at the Buddhist temple which always helps me to live deliberately and in the moment.

It worked well to take my packed lunch to a whole day outing at a convention center. We call the hot dogs "million dollar dogs" because it feels like that if you have to buy them. Took bottled water, sandwich and healthy crackers. More than enough. Saved $10-$20 and got better nutrition.

Yppej, do you attend services regularly?

sweetana, I think not eating a hot dog is always a good call.

we have 39 trees left to plant. Most of them are the evergreens though - poke hole, drop in, splash, stomp, stake, tag.
    dh commented on all the plastic marking ribbon. I have to think about that for next year - what is brightly colored, long term reusable, or biodegradable but not fast.....?

we have to mark the trees because dh bush hogs where they are not to keep the honeysuckle down, otherwise it would just take back over and smother the little trees. So our woods are full of pink and orange plastic streamers.

i'm struggling a little with food management - I feel like I am making good nutrition choices, and I've been tracking spending since the beginning of March. If I spend less than $30 on food in the next two days (which should be easy since I plan to go to the grocery store on Wednesday) I'll be back on target for the grocery budget, but even with regular exercise I can't seem to keep my weight down. And no, i don't think my goal is unrealistic. There is a ten pound range that is my goal, and the bottom of it is comfortably within "average" for my height. The top of it is the edge of "why do my knees hurt all the time?"

I have a really full full week this week, but I think if I keep my head down and focus on one task at a time it should go pretty well. My friend came out to choose her goats yesterday (she wants two neutered males - the hardest to sell for non-food) and she made my day by saying "oh, they're all so cute! Advertise them all and I'll take the last two. Or sell them all and I'll keep boarding buddy (my spare buck) and get some next year." Offering to board buddy for a year is like offering to come clean my bathrooms every week! But I've known her long enough to know she means it. (She's had buddy for over two months already)

on to my day....

Yppej
    CL I go weekly weather permitting. Goats were my favorite when my son was little and we went to farms!

So, while I did not get as much done today as I would have liked, I did make good progress.

did some laundry (not put away) took out the compost, ran the dishwasher, worked at the food bank (in the garden today and made some social connections), washed buckets, planted some seeds, had a friend come over to pick up milk for an orphaned goat, vaccinated and disbudded goats, got straw and put it away in the barn, made dinner, planted some trees, and ran the dishwasher again.

tomorrow I'm working and chipping away at the list.

I looked at my list this morning, and it was overwhelming.

so I went down it, and I put one star next to everything that was important. Then I put one star next to everything that was time sensitive. Then I put one star next to everything that really really had to happen today.

now I only have 4 things to do.
    The things with three stars.

unfortunately I have a lot of two star things - but some of them are "time sensitive, today" but not "important" which means, if I don't get to them, they will be gone tomorrow.

Sounds like a good plan, my lunch packing is challenging this morning. It happens when I am working a lot of long hours and I don't like what is in my fridge. So I am going with the tuna and crackers and greens salad today. I also bought some real-sugar cokes for days like today and I will need one. My assistant had her last day on Friday so I was already short staffed, the new hire is in fingerprint limbo, and then my one staff was in a serious car accident and will be out all week if not longer. You have to start laughing at some point.

Mondays are my meditation group and I didn't bring enough food for both lunch and dinner, but instead of getting a whole fast food meal I just got a veggie burger and water. That was enough and no plastic trash either.

Zoe girl, I'm pulling for you to make it through the rest of your week! - triage!

don't forget to think outside the box. Sometimes you can grab dinner around the outside of a grocery store as fast as you can get fast food - fruit, bagel, drink, cheese/nuts/meat....

yesterday went pretty well. As always I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I did all the three star things. I'm using the system again today. There are more three star things, but Wednesday is always my busiest day.

I also ended up with a bunch of social stuff happening to me (that's really how I feel about it) which I guess was good, but it was a lot of people for one day. (My heart daughter was talking to me about her son the other day and she said "I don't know how to help him. He wants friends, but not people." I understood exactly what she was saying. I said "me too.")

anyway, on top of teaching, two of my kids called, dd2's best friend stopped by, and a woman from the food bank garden called and talked for a very long time. She ostensibly called to answer a question I asked her, but it was the sort of question you can just answer for yourself easily if you have a computer - literally concerned the weather forecast. Then she just kept talking.and she offered me a plant. I told dh I think that means she wants to be friends. (Or she is afraid I won't come back and help?). He just looked at me funny. He usually does when I try to get him to interpret social cues for me.

Thread Information