Thread: Chuck Berry Died Saturday

Chuck Berry Died Saturday

Chuck Berry died Saturday March 18th at age 90. Musician with a wife that he married in 1948! and 2 children.

I think the most amazing thing about Chuck Berry was that he kept going until the very end. In fact, he was about to release a new album this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez View Post
    I think the most amazing thing about Chuck Berry was that he kept going until the very end. In fact, he was about to release a new album this year.
    Chuck Berry would go to the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill, play two or three songs, and quickly walk off stage with his hand out where they would hand him his check. His shows in that small venue were sold out.

I kept thinking that I should try to see him while he is still alive, even though he was just phoning it in. He needed the cash, he was in trouble with the I.R.S. for years.

Didn't he have some problems at his restaurant in Wentzville? It's had been closed for years when I lived near there.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Didn't he have some problems at his restaurant in Wentzville? It's had been closed for years when I lived near there.
    You mean the peeping incident? Holes cut into walls of the women's bathroom.
    Yup.

Yes I remembered that news also and that was the first thing I questioned when I read the articles on his history/passing.

Thread Information