Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If they don't pass the new health care plan today.................

I think this whole discussion may be premature if the insurance companies drop all the ACA plans (which they kept in separate accounts) due to the instability in the market and the government. It is close to happening already. There is nothing preventing them from not renewing in May.

It'll pass the senate too.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I think this whole discussion may be premature if the insurance companies drop all the ACA plans (which they kept in separate accounts) due to the instability in the market and the government. It is close to happening already. There is nothing preventing them from not renewing in May.
    I'm down to very few providers in my zip code, ACA or other, they've mostly all dropped out already. Apparently they are allowed to red-line entire counties.

My crystal ball says it will not pass. My DIL is from Poland and she totally does not understand the US healthcare system. There everyone gets free healthcare and you can buy private health care very cheaply. That is because they have to compete with the free providers. My son and her take care of all their healthcare there. He can't get the free care but the private is super cheap. He had a shot in his ankle that costs 1k here and he paid 100.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Bingo! I hadn't thought of this but this is a very valid point and I have to give you this. I guess what we do (here in Arizona anyway) is flee across the border for our health care (there really won't be any other choice at this point) and if there is government pushback on this (though I would hope the government wouldn't be this stupid?) begin the mass filings for political asylum elsewhere. I can't come up with any better solutions, America has sunk to this and I am not able to sugar coat it or deny it. Doing such would be disrespectful to basic common sense and my social class. For people not so close to the border, holy cow! This may be what brings America to complete and total chaos....I can totally see that happening.

One bright side about Obamacare surviving intact however is that most of the working poor in the 85006 (and many other zip codes in the states that approved Medicaid expansion) at the moment will have access to health care. That isn't going to help those who don't qualify for it, though....I get that. I guess the only real thing to do is to quit all discretionary spending and save every penny.....I don't see stability ahead for America with human life so blatantly meaning absolutely nothing unless one has lots and lots and lots of money. Save every penny. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My crystal ball says it will not pass. My DIL is from Poland and she totally does not understand the US healthcare system. There everyone gets free healthcare and you can buy private health care very cheaply. That is because they have to compete with the free providers. My son and her take care of all their healthcare there. He can't get the free care but the private is super cheap. He had a shot in his ankle that costs 1k here and he paid 100.
    I have similar stories from my relatives in Austria who worry so much for me "living in that strange alien land" as they refer to the United States. Their words, not mine. Moving along from there.....

I hope your crystal ball is not dusty lol and that you are right about Trumpcare not passing. At least it's non passage buys us all some time. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Not only is this inhumane, it's not politically bright as more and more people are quietly comparison shopping their citizenship as I started doing years ago....and finding the deficiencies in this citizenship compared to other first world countries.
    So far, it seems more likely that people loudly announce their intention to leave without following through. If Amy Schumer or Lena Dunham or Bryan Cranston were as good as their word, I'd be more inclined to believe your assertion.

The Treasury department keeps track of the numbers of Americans formally renouncing their citizenship. It was 5,411 in 2016. While the government doesn't compile reasons, many are apparently Americans living and working abroad not wanting to pay US taxes on worldwide income. As bae says, officially cutting ties can be a fairly costly process.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw.../#4f92d0e4503d

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That is the price you pay for having no freedom!

They just pulled the bill because they could not pass it and knew it.

UL: Poland used to be communist but is no longer. They have freedom.

Thread Information