Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If they don't pass the new health care plan today.................

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL. with all due respect.....if you were to comparison shop US citizenship with that of the rest of the developed world with affordable access to health care as your criteria, you would find the United States down at the bottom of the barrel and sorely lacking. Don't believe me, please don't - do the research yourself and then let's discuss..
    If you did your research yourself, Rob, you'd find that you can't "bail with your assets" without consequence. They don't let you.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If you did your research yourself, Rob, you'd find that you can't "bail with your assets" without consequence. They don't let you.
    Anything you lose in assets, unless you are truly truly truly wealthy, you can easily make up with one serious illness elsewhere (based on savings on your health care bill in any other developed country). Yes, things really are that bad and yes, America has sunk to this. Rob

Anything you lose in assets, unless you are truly truly truly wealthy, you can easily make up with one serious illness. Yes, things really are that bad and yes, America has sunk to this. Rob
    You don't quite understand, I think.

You don't quite understand, I think.
    Au contraire, I believe you don't understand. But as a moderator I don't want to get into this further with you.....no need for that, is there? Let's just see how this vote goes and go from there. From what I understand, Trumpcare is uniikely to pass and even if it does, it's an uphill battle all the way in the GOP controlled Senate after that. And Trump himself has said if it doesn't pass he's going to keep Obamacare as it stands and move on to other issues in his agenda. So we shall see, and the vote results we will have later today. Rob

I think if we were to see a mass out-migration of Americans seeking to extract more from other countries than is available at home, the effect on our national balance sheet would probably net out favorably. Sadly, I doubt that to be likely.

It seems to me at the moment, however, that Obamacare in all its ramshackle glory will be taking permanent root in our political soil.

Au contraire, I believe you don't understand. But as a moderator I don't want to get into this further with you.....no need for that, is there?
    Come now, you don't get to hide behind "I'm a moderator".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/877A

Come now, you don't get to hide behind "I'm a moderator".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/877A
    I'm not hiding. I am merely behaving in a manner which befits the role, something l wish Mr. Trump would learn to do. At any rate, I'm going to agree to disagree with you and I'm leaving it at that. As I said, we don't even know the results of the vote yet, no? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think if we were to see a mass out-migration of Americans seeking to extract more from other countries than is available at home, the effect on our national balance sheet would probably net out favorably. Sadly, I doubt that to be likely.

It seems to me at the moment, however, that Obamacare in all its ramshackle glory will be taking permanent root in our political soil.
    Count me as grateful for ObamaCare taking political root - if it indeed does. I will admit that ObamaCare is not without it's flaws, posters such as IL do have some valid points regarding ObamaCare - I'll give them that. But charging older folks higher premiums when they are at the time of their lives when they desperately need to squirrel money away so as to not work until they drop dead? Not going to work, especially in a country in which wages for almost everyone are stagnant or decreasing. Not only is this inhumane, it's not politically bright as more and more people are quietly comparison shopping their citizenship as I started doing years ago....and finding the deficiencies in this citizenship compared to other first world countries. Make things even more unequal, don't be surprised for some pretty intense pushback, especially with more and more people not being worth any real stake in US society, but having access to the fact that they would be worth a better deal elsewhere. I see ObamaCare as a way for the government to stifle the justified anger of the masses a bit and to buy some time. Not wise to take that away - once again, as I said, with so many people not being worth a stake in this society. Rob

It'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    It'll pass.
    Maybe so, but it's said to be DOA in the Senate....We'll see is all I will say. Rob

Thread Information