Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosmetic Pharmacology

One of the big reasons I quit my corporate job was because my boss made me fire one of my project managers whose main "shortcoming" was her introversion and social awkwardness. We had put her on a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) and she worked her butt off, and I was more than happy to have her continue to work for me, but my boss (male) saw differently and demanded I fire her.

The day I fired her I told her that I had just quit (which I had and it gave me great satisfaction).

I'm sorry you have to bolster yourself with Prozac, but if it helps you land a job, go for it. I've never been on Prozac but my mother shared her valium the month I got married.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    They absolutely expect it more from females, and even random strangers in places like supermarkets have told me "Oh, you dropped something - a smile" or tell me to smile which I have heard said to other women too but never to other men. At my last job several women adopted the phrase "I really am happy I just have a resting bitch face" to defend themselves from the accusation they were not being positive enough. Men never had to do this even if they had a serious demeanor.
    It's a control thing people (usually men) use to jump boundaries and intrude into your (usually women) personal space.

If you're going to go the drug route, make sure you have someone close (family, friend) who can effectively monitor you for odd swings in mood or behavior. You may not notice.

Yppej
    Thank you everyone for the sympathy and warnings. My college student son lives with me and will keep an eye on me.

Yppej
    After just two days of 10 mg each I have worsening killer headaches and nausea/vomiting. I am going to drop the meds, stick with my own personality, and see what tips I can pick up from mock interviews my network group has available next week.

Good call, i think.
    Who knows what effects those drugs have in the long term.

Thread Information