Thread: Article 50 was triggered yesterday

Article 50 was triggered yesterday

Now the dickering begins

I see the SNP smells blood in the water and wants another crack at independence.

It will be a challenge for all those involved so wish them well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I looked at this article to get up to speed on it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/wh...-need-to-read/

I wish our British friends well in this transition phase. With my personal ancestry and that of my DH firmly rooted in British soil, I'll be interested in seeing what comes next.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I wish Britain the best going forward.....it's probably not going to be easy at first would be my bet, at least as far as getting out of the EU. I'm of the impression that there are so many issues that will have to be renegotiated going forward - what a headache. And being human beings, of course the British will want the best terms on any negotiations, as will the European Union. Is compromise possible between Britain and the EU in these negotiations, or is it going to be more of a Trump-esque "My Way Or The Highway" type of situation? I ask IshbelRobertson as I'm not familiar enough with Brexit and it's complexities to know. Rob

It looks like the EU isn't prepared to be especially gracious in terms of the UK's suggested timetable.

I also see that Mr. Juncker is so exasperated with some of Mr. Trump's commentary that he may promote the independence of Ohio and Texas in retaliation. As we all know, there are separatist movements in Akron and Abilene who have just been waiting for word from Brussels to activate their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see the SNP smells blood in the water and wants another crack at independence.
    Indeed. However, in a fair fight, I back Mrs May against Jimmy Crankie!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I wish Britain the best going forward.....it's probably not going to be easy at first would be my bet, at least as far as getting out of the EU. I'm of the impression that there are so many issues that will have to be renegotiated going forward - what a headache. And being human beings, of course the British will want the best terms on any negotiations, as will the European Union. Is compromise possible between Britain and the EU in these negotiations, or is it going to be more of a Trump-esque "My Way Or The Highway" type of situation? I ask IshbelRobertson as I'm not familiar enough with Brexit and it's complexities to know. Rob
    We'llprobably 'gang wur ain gait'. If the EU plays dirty, the stated plan is 'No deal rather than a bad deal'.

We'll see!
    Last edited by IshbelRobertson; 3-30-17 at 5:32pm. Reason: Typo

Thread Information