Well for awhile I was sad that I did not have many friends at work. There are a largish number of people in my job category however we each work at a different school. We have a LOT of meetings though.

So far this week I have heard that two supervisors are very difficult to work with, why the old facilities manager was fired, about my staff person and her ex who is a registered sex-offender, and that the impossible meeting person had the facilities team at her school so angry they tried to get her fired. All of it confidential. In some ways it is validating to hear that the person we all have an issue with is that difficult with everyone. On the other hand it is kinda hard to have all of this shared with me. I have things shared with me because I am very good about keeping confidences. One reason I don't have a lot of friends is that I don't gossip and share these things, but then people come to me when it is really important.

The good part of being a person who is trusted is that I had a good conversation with our licensing liaison. She has cancer, a very rare and very fatal one. I had heard she did not want to talk about it so I was glad she brought it up when she visited. She is having chemo, I think to prolong some health, however we talked about how much she wants to fight and how she is really at peace. We share things like spiritual focus and meditation so I was glad to be there to listen.